best top handle chain saw?

philip2011

i have been sat hear for the last few days just sat in amaze how much ruffled feathers this has caused H-A i 100% agree with you you hit the nail on the head can we all sit hear and say that we have done everything 100% by the book every single day of our life's be it using a chainsaw or something completely different and as for having a ticket to use a chainsaw up a tree it may be the dealers desecration to ask for your ticket but that be the case then e bay should make it mandatory to provide the seller with proof of tickets and as H-A says where do you stop with all the red tape as by law you can use a chainsaw at the age of 16 and no one can stop you im 25 a family man who values my life as much as anyone else does i am not one of these idiots who thinks a chain saw is a new "toy" they are powerful machines that deserve the up most respect weather you are using on the ground or 80 foot up in a tree safety comes first paramount all i wanted to know from you guys was the best recommendation for a top handle chain saw some if not most have given me the answer i wanted and i thank you All for your input and advice but did we really need to take it as far as we have done ? if i knew it was going to cause all this i would never have put it cheers phil

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been sat hear for the last few days just sat in amaze how much ruffled feathers this has caused H-A i 100% agree with you you hit the nail on the head can we all sit hear and say that we have done everything 100% by the book every single day of our life's be it using a chainsaw or something completely different and as for having a ticket to use a chainsaw up a tree it may be the dealers desecration to ask for your ticket but that be the case then e bay should make it mandatory to provide the seller with proof of tickets and as H-A says where do you stop with all the red tape as by law you can use a chainsaw at the age of 16 and no one can stop you im 25 a family man who values my life as much as anyone else does i am not one of these idiots who thinks a chain saw is a new "toy" they are powerful machines that deserve the up most respect weather you are using on the ground or 80 foot up in a tree safety comes first paramount all i wanted to know from you guys was the best recommendation for a top handle chain saw some if not most have given me the answer i wanted and i thank you All for your input and advice but did we really need to take it as far as we have done ? if i knew it was going to cause all this i would never have put it cheers phil

Don't worry about it Phil, just read the bits that interest you, that way you get your answers.:001_smile:

I'd rather ring up 8 inch diameter logs with a 201 than an 088 (which is allowed)

Nobody said buy and 88, they said buy a sensible ground saw you can use on the ground and in the tree, it is up to a£2000 fine if caught using a top handle on the ground and his dad won't be able to buy one from most dealers without producing a 39 ticket,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Just out of interest, where does this stand on the 020av, which was sold as the hobby saw on that model, the 07/08 models, 009-012 models, as all of those class as top handles, but were sold for ground use, rendering the fine void

Just out of interest, where does this stand on the 020av, which was sold as the hobby saw on that model, the 07/08 models, 009-012 models, as all of those class as top handles, but were sold for ground use, rendering the fine void

A very interesting point.

It will be a very very long time before they ever consider a requirement for certification for power tools and chainsaws, why ? because they would no longer be able to flood the market with cheap unqualified labour.

The best way to control prices in a market is overload it. Builders for instance how many are qualified ? none most are jacks of all trades masters of none.

If everyone needed certifications for each tool the cost of services would sky rocket, cheap euro labour would also need the certifications which would reduce their ability to work cheaper than uk workers.

And we have a big flood in jan of cheap labour coming into the uk so expect wages to drop again or remain at a constant low for the next 10 years.

If a member of you staff injures themselves at work, your insurance company will only need to make a payout if the injured party makes a civil claim for damages.

even then.....

first it will be necessary for the injured party to demonstrate that you had a duty of care, it will also need to be demonstrated that the duty was breached, and that some form of loss was incurred.

The court will then thrash about to work out what level of compensation is fitting.

Finally the injured party will only be awarded the percentage of the award that is considered to be NOT their fault. (if its taken to be half the workers fault, they only get half the payout).

The insurance company does not get the option to 'not pay out'.

:-)

But they do get the option to either jack up your premiums or refuse to insure you next year maybe. Pass on your details to others. No insurance= no business.

Duty of care= Don't use a topper on the ground

Its easy to do....so very easy but is a big no no from an employers viewpoint.

Why would you let one member of staff threaten your business.