Young lad says to me...

dogman

Very true, James.

But, if seeking employment, it's hardly considered a wise career move.

Same here Stateside. When someone works for me unless I am instructing them to make a call for me, no phone calls unless your off the clock. That is your only time. If there is an emergency the help can make a call for the Police or Fire department. If I had someone ask me if I was hiring and their phone rang I would let them answer the phone once, that would be the first and last time I would ever allow an interruption like that to take place.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it sounds like a lot of people wouldn't let there crews use there phones. I look at mine now and again, purely for a time thing. Don't wear a watch so check the phone. And if I have a lull I use it, walking back from chipper etc. and why not? My life doesn't stop because I'm working, phone calls are at lunch or tea break, but texts tend to go on, and they are always from the missis. I like texting her. Something about loving someone.

And for the record if anyone asked me for my phone while I was working for them they would get a few choice words and off I would go. It's my property and i will in no way hand it over to someone.

Just won't happen. Simples.

Oh but yes answering it while you are asking someone for work is a no no, as the moment you ask someone for work and they want to talk to you then that conversation is then classed as a job interview.

So it sounds like a lot of people wouldn't let there crews use there phones. I look at mine now and again, purely for a time thing. Don't wear a watch so check the phone. And if I have a lull I use it, walking back from chipper etc. and why not? My life doesn't stop because I'm working, phone calls are at lunch or tea break, but texts tend to go on, and they are always from the missis. I like texting her. Something about loving someone.

And for the record if anyone asked me for my phone while I was working for them they would get a few choice words and off I would go. It's my property and i will in no way hand it over to someone.

Just won't happen. Simples.

Oh but yes answering it while you are asking someone for work is a no no, as the moment you ask someone for work and they want to talk to you then that conversation is then classed as a job interview.

What's this lull thing you talk of?:001_tongue:

I both work for other companies and have lads come and help me. With me it works like this, the phone stays in the van until we get a break, wether I'm working for another company or someone is working for me.

Agree:thumbup1:, why should someone be paying you to play on your phone?

What's this lull thing you talk of?:001_tongue:

The way I work mate it's the lull of when I'm waiting for the climber to catch up with me. I'm that quick the grass is on fire. The chipper is taking too long as I'm throwing branches at it like lightning. :001_tt2:c

Get on, get done, go home. :thumbup:

Waiting for your Climber:confused1:

Yeah waiting for you to throw the next bit down at me so I can get it in that chipper. Why I love the green mech soon much, it will take as much as I can throw in it and by then time I got the next bit in my hands it fed it through.

At your age it's just natural for the body to slow down a bit. :001_tt2::lol::lol::lol::lol::001_tt2::001_tt2: