Young lad says to me...

dogman

That's a shame for the young lad.... had the balls to ask for work and then screws it up in the space of a minute.... although to be fair i've seen this with older guys who should know better....

I agree, 10 out of 10 for approaching me. I could'nt of given him much work as i'm a one man buisness, but a couple of hours here & there would of got him some pocket money.

About 12yrs ago, my daughter spent a week on work experience at Belton house in Grantham with the gardens dept, so we are talking about a 16yr old girl. She worked hard & the head gardener gave her a very good report & offerd her a position.

However, a guy in his 40's was also there on a get you back to work type scheme. He complained about her, for, & i still have difficulty believing this....

:001_rolleyes:Working to hard & showing him up !:001_rolleyes:

So it is'nt just youngsters who don't want work.

Rob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, 10 out of 10 for approaching me. I could'nt of given him much work as i'm a one man buisness, but a couple of hours here & there would of got him some pocket money.

About 12yrs ago, my daughter spent a week on work experience at Belton house in Grantham with the gardens dept, so we are talking about a 16yr old girl. She worked hard & the head gardener gave her a very good report & offerd her a position.

However, a guy in his 40's was also there on a get you back to work type scheme. He complained about her, for, & i still have difficulty believing this....

:001_rolleyes:Working to hard & showing him up !:001_rolleyes:

So it is'nt just youngsters who don't want work.

Rob

I worked on the railways years ago, on relay. I got reported to the union a few times by co-workers,(read shirkers), for working too hard & setting a bad example by doing so, stunning performance.:biggrin:

it is such a shame the minority of people spoil it for the majority i don't know weather you class 25 as been young but that's me and i have found it so difficult to get on the ladder with a tree surgeon after many phone calls and emails still no luck but my dad had repaid a surgeons stump grinder and mentioned me so i went to his house we had a lengthy chat and he took me under his wing to show me how it all works while im studding for my tickets at collage to me if you get some crank saying any jobs going 9 times out of ten they will be a liability both to you and your company but if some approaches you and ask if there is a chance to gain some exp then attend an informal chat with you and shows you how they are interested in the work you are doing and show willing to learn and work then happy days i can see why you guys put your backs up at cranks like this i think i will when i am put in that position but there are a few gems out there cheers phil