Stein phantom boots

Ian C

I have had two pairs of Stein boots, not the Phantom think they were called Bergsteiger or something like that. Both pairs were very comfortable, waterproof and lasted reasonably!

Currently on red SIPs, will see how they last otherwise would go bakc to Stein without a moments hesitation :thumbup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the joke is Stein. Can't remember who on here said it, but the quote goes "Friends don't let friends use Stein".

How can you judge a product if you have no first hand experience with It? I think the reviews kind of speak for them selfs.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Because the joke is Stein. Can't remember who on here said it, but the quote goes "Friends don't let friends use Stein".

I remember the saying....pretty pathetic really

And quite frankly probably made up by someone with a personal vendetta towards stein for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Who cares if it's rebranded? If it's a good product for a good price then why down talk it? I've been happy with the stein products I've bought.

Out of interest which last longer, airstream or phantom? They seem like pretty even contenders, and I'm in the market at that price range.

But i have used Stein products, all of which have failed either on the day of first use or within 3 months (grinder guards and jacket respectively) so why should i buy more products that are sub standard?

If Stein were to GIVE me a pair i'd test them fairly, but given that i now know more people who buy AirStreams and wear them than any other boot i think that speaks for itself.

I've said how long i get out of a pair of Airstreams, anyone used Stein boots that long?

But i have used Stein products, all of which have failed either on the day of first use or within 3 months (grinder guards and jacket respectively) so why should i buy more products that are sub standard?

If Stein were to GIVE me a pair i'd test them fairly, but given that i now know more people who buy AirStreams and wear them than any other boot i think that speaks for itself.

I've said how long i get out of a pair of Airstreams, anyone used Stein boots that long?

my stein jacket is 2 years old, still no rips or tears, all the zips work fine, my boots are probly the best boots ive had, comfy, well built, suportive, ect ect,

my skywalker pulley is well built, think you have just been unlucky

think you have just been unlucky

I hope so for their future customers' sake.

Their after sales service was terrible, basically just sent my jacket back and said there was no problem with it, and i'm not a lone case, the name of Stein is mud amongst people work with, subcontract for and know in the industry.

I hope so for their future customers' sake.

Their after sales service was terrible, basically just sent my jacket back and said there was no problem with it, and i'm not a lone case, the name of Stein is mud amongst people work with, subcontract for and know in the industry.

I share your feelings. Rivets on my stein boots rusted and failed. The rep I spoke too said I should oil them. Also used an analogy that "if my new car was rusting I'd lubricate it" I replied no, I'd go mental if my 3 month old car was rusting. I also mentioned the extra cost of using stainless metal on waterproof boots might have been more sensible than ones with a thin zink coating that they know will wear off. He also said that because I got them for a less than rrp price I shouldn't complain.

So, stein staff IMO are pants. The poorest customer service I've ever come across. And I used to work for a bus company in London.

I use stein gear of different sorts had my explorer boots for 2 yrs and soles have just worn out, waterproof coat the same and is still working great just because 1 person has a bad experience doesn't make the complete product range bad most people don't look after thier equipment how it should be and this is the cause of most fails. I will carry on useing stein although I have bought a pair of scafell boots.