front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

Thanks for all of the feedback,

As I said, I have the schmidt plate, which is the design that came on the U900, then the U1200, etc have the other one you have posted, which I understand has basically the same purpose, i.e. it can take the orange quick hitch thats shown on my U900.

My question was, that it looks as if I could remove the ram and lifting platform, and afix my chipper to the orange framework alone.. no rams, or moving parts, just a static fitment. (see the previous pictures)

I will take this up with A.C.Price folks as well. I also considered creating a mounting plate that attaches to the orange quick hitch frame for mounting the reverser.

So:

1. I take the lifting mechanisms off quick hitch, and leave the frame to hang/and bolt onto the schmidt plate.

2. design a bracket in line with the pto from the mog, that allows the reverser to bolt to, in line, 100%, etc.

3. once the orange plate is hanging on the schmidt plate, and bolted in place, and the reverser mount has been afixed, with the reverser in place, ready to send the pto rotation the opposite way..

4. I attach the chipper off of the orange plate somehow, secure, static, etc.. and attach the pto shaft to the chipper shaft. -or, I suppose it may need connecting while fitting it all together, because once its snug, I won't have much wiggle room to put the connecting pto arm in place.

5. Go chip.

Heres a couple pics of this quick hitch plate hanging off the schmidt plate on my previous U900. As stated earlier, the top link on this plate is about the same distance from the pto on the mog as the top link on the chipper is to its pto shaft, so, im thinking this will be the connecting point at least for the top link. I still need to figure out how to mount the chipper correctly, but this is where I'm leaning now.

Thanks again!!

-ACUF

IMG_0192.jpg.996d1475792eab031e313b80fae2bbc3.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg.46df83db229abccaa4f3edeef4aee1c0.jpg

Edited by ACUF

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes that sounds about right, i will take some pics of my winch on the din plate. when putting it on, you just slide on the pto. it is snug, but i put mine on with a tractor loader to it is pretty east, i just offset the sling a bit so one side is a bit lower so the pto slides on mate. job done

Not very relevant probably, but just found this old pic of a company i used to sub to and their mog rig. :001_tt1:

It has a remote controlled palfinger crane in the pic we were craning off old willow pollards. Also has a 9ton winch with ground spades at the back and a 13" ducker chipper.

597654024d68b_Mix056.jpg.baf9ad324241ba112eb618466a6f9cec.jpg

Not very relevant probably, but just found this old pic of a company i used to sub to and their mog rig. :001_tt1:

It has a remote controlled palfinger crane in the pic we were craning off old willow pollards. Also has a 9ton winch with ground spades at the back and a 13" ducker chipper.

not relevant!!!!that is excellent mate, that will be me soon. i have sourced a fm chipper, and all i need to do now is swap round my lid on the mog. happy days. was there any probs with the chipper spout being that long?:001_smile:

not relevant!!!!that is excellent mate, that will be me soon. i have sourced a fm chipper, and all i need to do now is swap round my lid on the mog. happy days. was there any probs with the chipper spout being that long?:001_smile:

The chipper was a machinfabrik but i'm lead to believe this is a ducker, there was an auxilary fan attached to the discharge chute to give it that extra omph, in all the time i worked for them never saw the chute get blocked once even with conifer.

In this front pic you can see the extra fan on the right

597654024f757_Mix058.jpg.046066e4450d61d5465b5c4a991089cb.jpg

If I decide to chip over the cab, I would either need cut holes in the rear of the drum, to allow air to be pulled in, or use a fan.

For now, I plan to just blow chips into a container, and leave for the homeowner to use where the choose, and no messy piles to leave them with.

Have you used your chipper yet?

I had a CH160,it was good on anything without leaves.A real pain with Connifer,especially wet stuff.Also the quality of the chip was very coarse.The Blade to Anvil gab had to be very close or the chip would be unsuitable for gardens.The Farmi chippers are designed for wood fuel production and not Arb work.However the CH260 is thought of very highly in the Arb industry.