Heavy duty springs on iveco 35c11

Jonny Burch

Morning all

I think my trucks got a bit of a lean at the moment 😕

I want to replace the rear springs with something a bit more heavy duty.

After some advice on if it's possible and where the best place to get some from.

Many thanks

Jonny

Hi Jonny

Paddington springs in London (020 8795 3300).. maybe someone closer to you of course

Got the same problam with my iveco. Near side a bit weaker that other, when have time going to make a bracket that has suspension springs welded to it and then bolt that to chassis were the bump stops are.

Think unloaded with stiffer springs there will be very little give and a bit of bone shaker.

When I got my iveco 35c11 it had knackered rear springs, and the front suspension was very unlevel, with one side sitting a good 3 inches lower than other. (Thanks goes out to the Hampstead heath tree gang for using it as a chip mule!)

Rear springs were replaced with heavy duty ones from 'Midland road springs', a company I can wholly recommend. Including postage and vat I think it came to only 80 odd quid. An easy job to swap them out.

solving the front lean was a case of replacing the rubber pre-tensioners, of which there are 4. They sit above and below the spring inside the axle housing. Mine had perished and collapsed so although the torsion bar (front spring) was sound the truck was low and wonky.

I got a new front spring again from Midland road springs for 70 quid, and the rubber bits from iveco direct were 80 quid!

Fitting the front bits was a more involved job as the axle had to be dismantled, so I winked out of doing it and got a garage to fit it for me :).

Well pleased now though as the truck sits really high and takes a ridiculous amount of weight without showing it!

When I got my iveco 35c11 it had knackered rear springs, and the front suspension was very unlevel, with one side sitting a good 3 inches lower than other. (Thanks goes out to the Hampstead heath tree gang for using it as a chip mule!)

Rear springs were replaced with heavy duty ones from 'Midland road springs', a company I can wholly recommend. Including postage and vat I think it came to only 80 odd quid. An easy job to swap them out.

solving the front lean was a case of replacing the rubber pre-tensioners, of which there are 4. They sit above and below the spring inside the axle housing. Mine had perished and collapsed so although the torsion bar (front spring) was sound the truck was low and wonky.

I got a new front spring again from Midland road springs for 70 quid, and the rubber bits from iveco direct were 80 quid!

Fitting the front bits was a more involved job as the axle had to be dismantled, so I winked out of doing it and got a garage to fit it for me :).

Well pleased now though as the truck sits really high and takes a ridiculous amount of weight without showing it!

My 45c15 is like that, transit alloy tipper on it, never looks loaded.

Morning all

I think my trucks got a bit of a lean at the moment 😕

I want to replace the rear springs with something a bit more heavy duty.

After some advice on if it's possible and where the best place to get some from.

Many thanks

Jonny

Hi JB

Try Sperry springs in Aldershot. Part of FRM truck parts.

Al

• 2 weeks later...