chain vice (help)

harvey b davison

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean and I've been trying to find one too.

It's what we used at Merrist Wood in the late 90's for the exact reason you said about the cutters moving plus if you sharpen the chain on the bar you are supposed to take to off and blow it out to remove the fillings before refitting the chain.

I know exactly what you are talking about, they had them in college many years ago. They were made by the college and I have never seen them on the market. Best bet is to make one or just buy a cheap electric sharpener, remove the motor and just use the clamp set on it.

I think I know exactly what your after! It is the same as the Merrist Wood ones....back in the day when I was a young man.:blushing:

I'll get picture tomorrow and slap it on here.... this one is not for sale!! But I'll have a look and see if it has any manufacturer / supplier details. I have mounted it on a block of wood that the bench vice grips so I can quickly swap between it or guide bar.