Can you tell someones age group from the way they Post

gensetsteve

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it may be more 'just a stage'. With a 98% pass rate for this years 'A' levels, there may be something wrong with our education system. We have staff, who have achieved pass marks in higher education who can barely read and write. They can however text at 100wpm, but if you're over thirty you can't understand that either.

I understand where your coming from but I think it's a bit of an overreaction. We always moan and worry about how bad things are or getting but in reality we have it better than anytime in history. It's good that we can worry about punctuation because generally in the west we don't have any major worries compared to poorer countries. ( obviously the economy may crash, climate change, aging populations may be problematic) Christ I'm rambling!

Sent using My c

well at 50 and my strong point is i,am ashamed to say bad grammer 110% and dont plan to change now for you posh tie pin sorts you take it as it says and if you cant work out what i,am mumbling about tuff ha

no i just never went to school as i was always trying to fix something or other as i suffer badly at school learning to be the same as everyone else etc hated it never got on with them teacher folk shouting at me all the time stick detention banned from certin lessons yes i,am that man

I am compiling a young persons phrase book so we can communicate more effectively on site. A few to start

To be honest with you ( I am lying through my teeth )

To be fair ( I am still lying through my teeth if I stand my ground the old git might back down )

For sure ( I am not listening to a word you said had me tea break now focused on Lunch )

"Yea but" followed by very fast speech ( I am not doing that )

In it ( no idea on this one but its on the end of most sentences ) :biggrin:

"No offense but..." = "I'm probably going to imply that you're a c***"

There's one near me that has a sign outside their yard saying "you've just past" (company name). The funny thing is, I always know exactly what the company is called. Perhaps an unintentional gaff has actually done them a favour.

Personally, I try to use and prefer to read properly written text. We have one of the largest, richest languages in the world and it's a shame to waste it.

A male hairdressers near me called Legends has the slogan: "come in a man, leave a legend".

Not incorrect, but either wickedly well or very poorly thought out!

The 9 ages of a tree surgeon are -

1 Not a clue, but were doing that topic next week

2 You know how but can only just do it.

3 You know how and you can do it easily.

4 You've been doing it before they were born.

5 You can still do it but you don't know how.

6 You are better at supervising than doing.

7 It's all too easy nowadays.

8 Nurse, nurse, my drip's come out

9 Time to move to Worthing (Dover for the continent, Worthing for the incontinent)

I am compiling a young persons phrase book so we can communicate more effectively on site. A few to start

To be honest with you ( I am lying through my teeth )

To be fair ( I am still lying through my teeth if I stand my ground the old git might back down )

For sure ( I am not listening to a word you said had me tea break now focused on Lunch )

"Yea but" followed by very fast speech ( I am not doing that )

In it ( no idea on this one but its on the end of most sentences ) :biggrin:

"No offense but..." = "I'm probably going to imply that you're a c***"

"But I just thought....." (I don't give a toss what your 30 years of experience has taught you, this way looks easier and i'm a lazy toad)

9 Time to move to Worthing (Dover for the continent, Worthing for the incontinent)

Fantastic! I have 7 stages left!

No. 4

Makes me feel old. May be time to quit .