Gig/concert life - What are you excited for and what have your best memories been?

will.morris

Saw Hendrix in London '68, Janis Joplin at Monterey Festival '69, Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Gardens '73, Nirvana at Reading '94 , they were alright i suppose.

(i would give my right bollock for that statement to be true!)

Off the top of my head Prodigy at Isle of Wight 06 and Rage Against The Machine at reading 08 were sick.

Nirvana Reading 94 would be some feat, he was dead by then. I was there to see Hole that year tho first gig since his death :thumbup1:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best was one minute silence supported by earthtone9 and linea77. First gig and that was and always will be the benchmark. Saw them in the foundary in brum. Papa roach twice, disturbed 3 times, Metallica, iron maiden, halestorm, staind, seether. 5 finger death punch, bon jovi plus a few more. Seeing papa roach again in December and Alice in chains in November. I likes live music.

I may get a bit of stick for this bit I'm a big fan of cheesy 80's hair metal!! Been to see whitesnake, def leppard, maiden, Bon jovi (only like his old stuff), tyketto and a few others

Maiden in Brixton academy was my first concert and prob the best, just unreal.

Went to see Steel Panther on a trip in Vegas, got invited back stage, met the entire band and they told us to come the next night. Went back and they got us up on stage during the gig, brilliant night!!...oh yea and we dressed up..ImageUploadedByArbtalk1380584247.945006.jpg.11f59cda2e52e9164f458d777395d655.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

Its difficult to pinpoint just one gig as my fave!

Danzig/Misfits, Primus and Sabbath would be up there for the big names, maybe NOFX and The Offspring too. Other than that CapDown, Farse and King Prawn were fantastic to see cos they were lesser known and in tiny venues. Used to go to see local bands all the time and see some ood un-signed stuff!

Been going to Download for years too which is always a laugh!