Gig/concert life - What are you excited for and what have your best memories been?

will.morris

Kia ora!

Thought I'd create a post for people to discuss what music gigs that people may be looking forward to and for people to express their best musical experiences.

This has been sparked by the line up of bands that I'm getting the chance to see in the space of a month!

I saw Lamb of God here in Auckland just over a week ago, if you're into metal and insane pits then I would highly recommend seeing them live, awesome atmosphere and they put on a good show!

Bring Me The Horizon in a few days time, very different style of 'new metal'. Haven't got a ticket yet but I may go and support the Sheffield band!

Now the big one.... 8 FOOT SATIVA!!! The most successful metal band to ever come from NZ (West Auckland in fact, which is where I'm living). Seeing them live in their home country in there hometown Auckland. The kiwi fans are going to go off hard, I've never been so excited for a gig in my life!!

25 Oct - \../ (-.-) \../

I was gutted that I never got to go to Download Fest @ Donnington when I was in the UK, and I've just had a full 2 year work visa granted so I won't get a chance anytime soon either which is a shame.

My most memorable gig was probably Motorhead back in 2005 at the Ipswich Regent. :001_cool:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gd post m8

I'm going to see the charlatans and friends at the London Albert hall in a couple of weeks in honour of their drummer Jon brookes who very sadly passed away last month.

The friends part so far is the chemical brothers who I last saw funnily enough in Auckland at the big day out, and with more acts to be announced .

Most memorable was probably stone roses at Heaton park this year or any of the 20+ gigs I've been to see primal scream

Keep on keepin on

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Went to see the red hot chilli peppers before they were massive in 1989, since then I have seen hundreds of bands, green day in a small pub, again before they made it big. The last gig I went to was foo fighters at Milton Keynes bowl, that was awesome.

Sent from outer space

Saw The Verve when they played in their home town (wigan, where I'm from) at an outdoor stage made up in Haigh Hall, that was pretty immense:thumbup:

Went to over 50 concerts and gigs in just over 2 years in my late teens Seen a lot of bands new and old, Shed Seven was awesome too:biggrin: