Ideas please!

Rob D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically I pay someone to send orders out. This is on a commission basis but for very small orders he gets a minimum £3-00 per order.

Add this to postage charge and small amount for packing gives close to £5-00.

What you have to realise is that to cross reference weight of items, postage method, where the item is going would cost a lot to implement - much easier to keep things simple and have a flat postage rate.

So as you said why not just buy the stones when you have something else to buy? No system is perfect and to be honest you can't really compare different postage costs from company to company - they may not have the same overheads, different courier arrangements etc. etc.

:001_smile:

exactly hat,

certainly wasn't trying to kick up a storm. I know from posting my own photographs, it takes time that some one has to pay for :001_smile:

exactly hat,

certainly wasn't trying to kick up a storm. I know from posting my own photographs, it takes time that some one has to pay for :001_smile:

No worrys - it is a good point as on the surface yes it does seem expensive when looking at small items but if that's the only thing going to the post office then I have to give Andy who does all the packing something for it!

Bigger places pay reduced postage and use a franking machine so small items are collected but I am a long way off that!

i will second that its nice to get something random you havent got a clue what it will be:thumbup::thumbup:

It will be sort of in tune with what you have ordered - i.e. if grinding stones you will get more of them, or maybe a couple of wedges... useful stuff...