Ideas please!

Rob D

Arbtalk 10% discount to be discontinued on 20th October :sneaky2:.... need ideas for how to replace it.

What are the reasons for it going then?

• Now that CSB is the importer for the Alaskan mills, Sugihara bars, K+H felling wedges and woodchuck tools there will be a major move to shift these out to other retailers.
  • A few other retailers stock the above but the main retailer is FR Jones and son
  • I can't give a retail price to other dealers that I don't stick to myself i.e. I offer 10% off to arbtalkers, Jonsie matches these prices, other retailers will then match this price - this then is the retail price!
  • There is then no discount!

I want to offer arbtalkers something extra that no one else gets - but it won't be a discount.

So what would you want? Free postage? Bonus equipment (actual useful stuff like files, log vice etc not simply stuff that I just want to get rid of!!), t shirts..... etc

And this would be at least to the value of 10% - or higher if a regular customer.

There is a coupon bit - was thinking arbtalkers could then just put in 'arbtalk' to ID themselves as an arbtalker.

Ideas please! :biggrin:

:001_smile:

Capture.jpg.27093bd0bebd2ac0a9ce792b2b47f7c8.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing as you have "registered customers" could you have a sort of savings scheme?

If you get a £1 saved for every £10 spent to be spent on your site as people wish.

It would equate to the same discount but more money spent with you (whereas the 10% saved otherwise might be spent anywhere) and would give each individual the bonus goodies they'd like.

Seeing as you have "registered customers" could you have a sort of savings scheme?

If you get a £1 saved for every £10 spent to be spent on your site as people wish.

It would equate to the same discount but more money spent with you (whereas the 10% saved otherwise might be spent anywhere) and would give each individual the bonus goodies they'd like.

Good idea - I'll put it to the web builder - the only thing I can see him saying is that although in principle it sounds simple

- to implement is difficult and therefore expensive....

I'd asked him about doing a points type thing before... it was a lot of cash!

I appreciate freebies or sweetners more than a discount or better price if its with a preferred supplier rather than cheapest.

Safety specs, gloves, pack of files, ear plugs are all usefull freebies :)

Yep that was what I was thinking - the freebies would relate to order size and I would make sure that people would be pleased with what they got and they would be weighted over the 10% they would have otherwise saved.

The trouble with other systems like a rewards system etc is it seems quite an easy thing to sort out but when you get stuck into the bare bones of it it starts getting really in depth and complicated...

The selector services on the website for instance - how hard should it be to do it? The reality was it took aaaaaaaaaaaagesss!

I think freebies would be the way forward too. You could use the coupon just to distinguish them and then have a random selection when your packaging the order.

Ear plugs, goggles, gloves, karabiner keyring! I used to work in the outdoor trade and you would not Bellevue the amount of people fighting over little krabs!