unimog u140l anyone had one??

Boy English

evening all, been considering one as an upgrade from a transit, possibly running a front mount chipper..

Dealer recons 3040kg empty with a gross of 7500kg so reasonable payload,

cant tell me the max train weight though ? apparently its not on the weight plate and I cant find it online?? any ideas?

anyone able to offer any advice on replacement parts or just an isight into using one,

im not wanting to start a war with regards to the whole grey area of usage if possible.. just some info on the truck would be great :thumbup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

max train weight... is it registered as a truck or an agricultural machine (tractor), mercedes produced these for utility companies and councils who couldnt justify the cost of full on unimog, slightly underpowered, but most of the bells and whistles, better option than most of the alternatives, remember though, its a commercial mercedes when it comes to running costs!!

evening all, been considering one as an upgrade from a transit, possibly running a front mount chipper..

Dealer recons 3040kg empty with a gross of 7500kg so reasonable payload,

cant tell me the max train weight though ? apparently its not on the weight plate and I cant find it online?? any ideas?

anyone able to offer any advice on replacement parts or just an isight into using one,

im not wanting to start a war with regards to the whole grey area of usage if possible.. just some info on the truck would be great :thumbup:

Nice looking bit of kit, I think the extra bit behind the cab would be a big plus in this game for storing saws etc. My only concern would be that whatever is not on the truck as delivered will cost a small fortune to retrofit. What looks like a cheap mog now might end up running away a bit, the best placed person to discuss this with would be Frank Atkinson Atkinson Vos Ltd Mercedes Unimogs

Also you might want to look at the running costs as well as merc spares seem to be very over the top, we run three agri spec mogs and everything you want seems to cost a fassand pand :) they dont seem to change this price structure.

Bob

cheers for the replies so far,

as it stands its being sold as "can be registered as either hgv or ag"

its been council owned until now (so im guessing hgv atm) but for some reason its first registered in 2007 although its manufacture date is 1996..

am I correct in saying even as ag registered it can only tow its designed tow weight while on the highway?

this is mainly whats stopping me, I have spoken to Atkinson Vos about weights but they contacted me and said "sorry we don't seem to have that info" ive also trailed the interweb but found nowt :confused1:

With regards to the fittings needed to be ready for use I wasn't hugely concerned as I was going to make this up myself..

If got i would be looking at it lasting me for 5 years.. hopefully... that and ive been told my manlyhood will increase both in length and girth by having it..

that's what ive told my girlfriend anyway :thumbup:

Hey our company has run a 140l for nine years no problem getting parts from the right place. ac price knows ours in and out . a real work horse alltho under powerd dose travel realy well on the road once its rolling . The 140l has served us well with a cople engine rebuilds only thing that lets them down is power and the gear box has a big jump bitween 3rd and 4th can be a pain loaded also having to slip the clutch when hevey to get going 20130323_093242_4.jpg.94c0444c1b1d1cf95a5375b09160d5ba.jpg

cheers for the replies so far,

as it stands its being sold as "can be registered as either hgv or ag"

its been council owned until now (so im guessing hgv atm) but for some reason its first registered in 2007 although its manufacture date is 1996..

am I correct in saying even as ag registered it can only tow its designed tow weight while on the highway?

this is mainly whats stopping me, I have spoken to Atkinson Vos about weights but they contacted me and said "sorry we don't seem to have that info" ive also trailed the interweb but found nowt :confused1:

With regards to the fittings needed to be ready for use I wasn't hugely concerned as I was going to make this up myself..

If got i would be looking at it lasting me for 5 years.. hopefully... that and ive been told my manlyhood will increase both in length and girth by having it..

that's what ive told my girlfriend anyway :thumbup:

speak to ibbets in paxton near st neots Tim ibbet is the man to ask

they are a main dealer

Ibbetts - Agricultural garden machinery sales, service. Unimog