Macs .....are they any good?

Ian C

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree with all the above, I was sick of spending out on PC's only to have them get progressively slower to the point of uselessness. I bought a mac and haven't looked back, downloading open office (free) gives you word / excel equivalents and other than my sage accounts which wasn't compatible it has been great.

Interestingly I downloaded Parallells so that I could run windows on the mac, I stuck windows on it and even though I only used windows for the accounts it has rapidly slowed the whole machine down, really badly, to the point where I no longer use it. Shut windows down and the Mac is back! Awesome machine. Why windows cant build something as good I don't know.

Windows sucks.

thanks Tom, good info there. I don't do sage so that's no problem, I know what you mean about the speed thing.

they seem to hold there money too, a 5 year old one is still worth 400 quid on ebay, a 5 year old windows laptop is worth about a tenner.

As above, I've got to the point with Microsoft that the next machine will be a Mac. "It just works" has been my mate's mantra for a decade and a half.... And he's right.

Plus you have got great integration with your iPhone, iPads etc. whereas the pc iTunes updates invariably throws up glitches of some kind or other.

I'm typing this on my 2006 iMac which I brought into the office after my umpteenth PC laptop failed.

Since 2006 I've been through 5 keyboards and even more mice, but the machine's never missed a beat.

One issue with macs is that certain software won't run on it (Autocad with plugins. surveying software, landscape cost estimation software etc) and like one of the other guys above suggested, if you put windows through parallels on your mac, it slows it down.

My solution is to run mostly pcs for me and my guys, and have a mac handy as well. It's not the ideal solution, but until all of the software I need is available for mac, it's my best option.

If I only had to run one machine and depend on it, it would be mac all the way.

Laptop is about goosed and am thinking of a mac, price isn't really an issue as the mac is 1500 , I know I can get a Windows laptop much less but after years of cheap ones I have decided to get something good.

Thought please. .....pro's aswell as con's .

Hi IAN mate mac book pro we have here mate is be

Very good we had cheap ones but no good thanks Jon