Yell dot com

Frank

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set up your own website. Most of my work comes from searches the client has done on the web.

Always ask the client where they found you and how.

Most have just googled for a tree surgeon and found me.

Another way of geting your website on the 1st page of google etc, is to get everyone you know to do a search for your own site.

Don't need yell and don't need stupid cold callers asking to sell me diesel !!!:001_smile:

yell.com...absolute waste of money. If your on the web already customers will just google you. they will never go through something like yell to find you. had a couple of calls and thats it, won't be signing up again.

NO NO NO!

Signed up last year after "we average 45 tree work queries every day in the Ashford area" blurb.

Got one job in a year.

Rang them, told them to bin it, they said I couldn't because I was now in 2nd year. Told them to take it off the web. No can do apparently. Also billed me for designing a web site that they had built last year (looked like a monkey had done it). Currently chasing me for £1900. They can whistle for it.

Think to yourself (like I didn't) - when do you use Yell.com for anything?

I hope they go under and spend the rest of their miserable lives picking up dog crap for a living. With a toothpick.

NO NO NO!

Signed up last year after "we average 45 tree work queries every day in the Ashford area" blurb.

Got one job in a year.

Rang them, told them to bin it, they said I couldn't because I was now in 2nd year. Told them to take it off the web. No can do apparently. Also billed me for designing a web site that they had built last year (looked like a monkey had done it). Currently chasing me for £1900. They can whistle for it.

Don't pay it!! They will send you letters form various collection agencies threatening court action just ignore them. If they call you and mention court action ask for an actual court date so you defend yourself against the fact that you were "miss sold" the advertisign in the first place. They won't give you a date cos it won't go to court. Its all a con and the sales reps have NO experience or marketing training outside of Yells own training courses, and for this reason you were miss sold as they all make you think they are experts in the advertising field.

ALso when they say 300 enquiries a month for tree work in your area ask them what percentage of those enquiries lead to actual work contracts? They can't answer that one, so ask them to make an educated guess taking into accoutn all the other marketing companies that use Yell, people looking for jobs and other companies looking up the competition.

I would guess no more than 10% are genuin enquiries that lead to someone doing a tree job and getting paid.

• 2 months later...

Interesteing thread this, I hear many people say that an £800 pound job from yellow pages/yell.com has paid for their £800.00 advert in one go. They feel pleased with themselve that the advert worked!

Its a kind of delusional madness suffered by the same people that think they get the money back when they spend on work tools etc!

If you allow an advertising budget of say 5% then an £800 pound job has £40.00 available to go towards advertising. So to pay for an £800.00 pound advert you woudl need it to generate £16,000 otherwise your just paying for it out of all the other jobs you do.

i,am based in leeds & yell monitored the calls we got 16 in four months woooooooo 3,from wales & 2 from manchester ?? as for the other 11 no coment why.is that becouse they didnt happen waste off money. have put it in local adverts works better & keeps the fuel bill down :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: