Rogue Traders - Monday 16 March - Rogue Tree Surgeons

Honey Bros

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were there expert went wrong was he worked for the council so not him doing the priceing!(no offence to any council lads)

To be fair to James, he's not really council.

He works part time as the T/O and runs his own firm as well, so he should have a fair idea about pricing.

No one else seem to care about the fact that the 'old guy' tried to talk her into felling the tree from the very start!

Nope just me then, at least I now know were I am going wrong in this game, need to ditch my morals and ethics and get on the blagging bandwagon, or so it would seem :sneaky2:

What im trying to work out is what was the point of wearing a harness? he wasn't roped in and wasn't hanging the saw off it......fashion statement maybe? Clowns!

i have witnessed better, a fall harness with a rope going from their back to the ground with someone holding it on the ground:confused1::scared1:

i used to work in coal tankers, 100 feet deep clearing coal on the ladders. we had those crap harnesses, with a bungy type, safety strop with a huge carb. we used to jump off to see if they would work, all they did is was castrate you:ohmy:

Just watched it on Beeb Scotland, those guys werent that offensive, what is offensive is people with a full hand of NPTCs that havent got an ounce of common sense. Also, that cavity looked bad I put a magnifying glass up to the screen and saw Ustilina deusta, Ivor even picked some out and crumbled it between his fingers.

At least Ivor and his sidekick hung around to talk it out. Good old Ivor, deserves a medal for having to go through life with a name like that. As for the presenters they should be investigated for poor delivery and a sh*t sense of humour.

Just watched it on Beeb Scotland, those guys werent that offensive, what is offensive is people with a full hand of NPTCs that havent got an ounce of common sense. Also, that cavity looked bad I put a magnifying glass up to the screen and saw Ustilina deusta, Ivor even picked some out and crumbled it between his fingers.

At least Ivor and his sidekick hung around to talk it out. Good old Ivor, deserves a medal for having to go through life with a name like that. As for the presenters they should be investigated for poor delivery and a sh*t sense of humour.

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Nicely put Tim!!!!!!!!!!!:001_smile:

lots of points going on and i agree it would have been great to see some real arbs come and finnish the job off correctly.

but how can the BBC justify letting them come back a second day and continue. the BBC was the employer full stop. so many H&S breaches that they let happen, dont see how they can get away with it!

it wasn't even good telly

craig

but how can the BBC justify letting them come back a second day and continue. the BBC was the employer full stop. so many H&S breaches that they let happen, dont see how they can get away with it!

craig

I couldn't Agree more Craig

in response they'll Get away with it, In the same way as its has always happened because those who police such issues, either they dont have the funding, resource, staffing or knowledge to act effectively , they cant even react effectively...

That in many ways is the biggest hurdle to' as you state 'REAL ARB's '

the cost implication to being a real ARB is massive.

What are the cost to these guys who are charging REAL MONEY... A couple of grand for a panel van a few lumos a set of adders & a few tatty blunt saws ..

Basically we act responsibly & rightly so,

What happens to those others ?

Sweet FA in my experience

The sad thing is the HSE should be ringing the Beeb as they are potentialy culpable as they had immediate access to professional advice.

Their duty of care was still in place, even if the practioneers & employer chose to disregard theirs.. equally to blame are the HSE as Imo they should proactively seek to monitor there own guidance & deal with those who flagrantly disregard even the basic H & S provision. This highlights much more than a dodgy bloke ripping people off, this has potentially very serious implications for injury or even fatalities.

justifying on going works just for telly.. not a hope in my opinion

should this have been made to highlight the difference between professional & those guys ? yes and is commendable if not misguided in its execution

Edited by Yorkshireman