Arbor trolley hire wanted S. Yorks, derbyshire

SiW

What's £400 ???!!! A lot of money!!! We haven't had any wood from an arb job now for 2 years; everyone keeps the wood for obvious reasons...

That's more like it and fair enough. 400 notes for a trolley - I'm sorry but that makes me sick. Exploitation at its finest.

You wouldn't say that if you used one to move 3t of brush 100m to the chipper.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been in touch with TCF trolley is no longer green. It's galvanised. Has been tweaked to improve it from early models and is a damn site cheaper than the blue one plus you can add a tow hitch and flotation tyres to it

Really dont want to get into a debate of any kind here, but just to make a point that I've made before and what people dont seem to consider.

The reason why the TCF cart is cheaper is because the guy makes and sells it directly. The stein cart on the other hand starts at the engineers, then to the wholesaler (Stein), then to the likes of Jonsie and Martin at Honeybros. They all have a mark-up. Same process as any other product that you buy from Jonsie or Martin....and the same reason why you cant get a TCF cart from either of those stores.

I'm sorry but that makes me sick. Exploitation at its finest.

Timbercutterdartmoor, a bit over the top there mate.

Really dont want to get into a debate of any kind here, but just to make a point that I've made before and what people dont seem to consider.

The reason why the TCF cart is cheaper is because the guy makes and sells it directly. The stein cart on the other hand starts at the engineers, then to the wholesaler (Stein), then to the likes of Jonsie and Martin at Honeybros. They all have a mark-up. Same process as any other product that you buy from Jonsie or Martin....and the same reason why you cant get a TCF cart from either of those stores.

Hi Reg

It's funny isn't it how the Stein Trolley threads really provoke strong emotions.

I often look at who makes negative comments on products and the funniest thing is, often the person is someone who has never used or seen the product. Example: a log merchant slagging off the Hitch Hiker etc etc.

I always allow myself a wry smile and have to remind myself that if a person has a use for a product, they'll buy it anyway.

Keep safe

Al.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I reckon mine will last at least 10 years and almost certainly more.

£40 a year to save miles of walking, smashing every border plant with brush 4' either side of me, moving 6x what I can carry on each trip, moving logs many times heavier than I can carry...

what a bargain.

we made ours and use it regular so much in fact that we mounted it on top off the chipper on its own frame as it gets in the road in the back off the truck we have even put a load of chip on top and only remembered about it when we tipped off also it keeps the weight down on the truck

It is a debate and welcome to it, I am fully aware of how many people make a profit out of the stein trolley,

But as an end user I would prefer to pay the manufacturer of a product a fair price than half a dozen middle men an over inflated price.

Obviously the products have to be of a like quality.

And I think that a trolley could be a useful addition to certain jobs but is it wrong to look at other options than a stein, I think not

It is a debate and welcome to it, I am fully aware of how many people make a profit out of the stein trolley,

But as an end user I would prefer to pay the manufacturer of a product a fair price than half a dozen middle men an over inflated price.

Obviously the products have to be of a like quality.

And I think that a trolley could be a useful addition to certain jobs but is it wrong to look at other options than a stein, I think not

Not suggesting you don't consider all the options at all....but consider too why things are the way they are. I don't give $hit who you give your money to. Pardon me for not being familiar with you or your situation....but I'll assume you're in treework. You must have saws and other related equipment ? Sthil, husky etc....did you buy them direct from the work shop that they were made, or was it from a retailer ? Like most equipment in the industry. Climbing, rigging equipment, do you own any ? Where did you buy it? Don't answer. Imagine, if I wanted to buy a petzl carabiner, just 1, or 2 maybe.....I'll call petzl in france. Let's say 1000 other climbers the world over want 2 carabiners that week also, but can only get em from the petzl factory in france (if that's where it is), because we don't like middle men. Do you think it'd be cheaper? Think again. The middle men ( as you call them) play a crucial role in marketing and supplying equipment as and when you need it. People like Justin, Martin, Nod, Eve etc. And they have to buy the products first out of their own pockets, in bulk, they aren't free. They even sponsor arbtalk...which would otherwise be relying on donations to keep up and running. I've never donated anything to Steve, have you ? Having a supply chain of several people is not exclusive to the stein trolley. Consider the bigger picture is all I am saying. People tend to slate the middle men, only when it suits them.

Not suggesting you don't consider all the options at all....but consider too why things are the way they are. I don't give who you give your money to. Pardon me for not being familiar with you or your situation....but I'll assume you're in treework. You must have saws and other related equipment ? Sthil, husky etc....did you buy them direct from the work shop that they were made, or was it from a retailer ? Like most equipment in the industry. Climbing, rigging equipment, do you own any ? Where did you buy it? Don't answer. Imagine, if I wanted to buy a petzl carabiner, just 1, or 2 maybe.....I'll call petzl in france. Let's say 1000 other climbers the world over want 2 carabiners that week also, but can only get em from the petzl factory in france (if that's where it is), because we don't like middle men. Do you think it'd be cheaper? Think again. The middle men ( as you call them) play a crucial role in marketing and supplying equipment as and when you need it. People like Justin, Martin, Nod, Eve etc. And they have to buy the products first out of their own pockets, in bulk, they aren't free. They even sponsor arbtalk...which would otherwise be relying on donations to keep up and running. I've never donated anything to Steve, have you ? Having a supply chain of several people is not exclusive to the stein trolley. Consider the bigger picture is all I am saying. People tend to slate the middle men, only when it suits them.

Very good points and way of looking at it Reg.

Not suggesting you don't consider all the options at all....but consider too why things are the way they are. I don't give who you give your money to. Pardon me for not being familiar with you or your situation....but I'll assume you're in treework. You must have saws and other related equipment ? Sthil, husky etc....did you buy them direct from the work shop that they were made, or was it from a retailer ? Like most equipment in the industry. Climbing, rigging equipment, do you own any ? Where did you buy it? Don't answer. Imagine, if I wanted to buy a petzl carabiner, just 1, or 2 maybe.....I'll call petzl in france. Let's say 1000 other climbers the world over want 2 carabiners that week also, but can only get em from the petzl factory in france (if that's where it is), because we don't like middle men. Do you think it'd be cheaper? Think again. The middle men ( as you call them) play a crucial role in marketing and supplying equipment as and when you need it. People like Justin, Martin, Nod, Eve etc. And they have to buy the products first out of their own pockets, in bulk, they aren't free. They even sponsor arbtalk...which would otherwise be relying on donations to keep up and running. I've never donated anything to Steve, have you ? Having a supply chain of several people is not exclusive to the stein trolley. Consider the bigger picture is all I am saying. People tend to slate the middle men, only when it suits them.

:congrats::congrats::congrats: