Chainsaw injuries and near misses

Taupotreeman

I have to do some chainsaw refresher training with some of the staff here at work. I'm looking for a few gory photos and/or near miss photos that i can use as part of the training as I still remember the ones I saw when I was starting out and every time I think about taking a short cut those same pictures remind me not to. If anybody has any photos or links to such that they wouldn't mind sharing it would be much appreciated. I have plenty of written incidents but not much in the way of photos. A short explanation of how the event happened would also be appreciated, for those that wish to share personal incidents. Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules either, asking for this stuff.

May be the only video you need.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZsfGIizMoQ]P1 - Deep Forearm LAC due to Chainsaw accident - YouTube[/ame]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will post a pic soon of my 16 odd stitches to my left hand . I must add the chain was new and had not cut any wood at all lol . Typical bloke got my foot caught in some brambles and instead of being careful I just pulled my foot and fell over and caught the back of my left hand on the new very sharp chain . This resulted in 16 stitches ; ) Please note the saw was not even running :001_smile: