Which hand saw...?

dogman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a gomtaro, Its ok. Reason I havn't changed is because their not cheap, so to just throw away handle etc seems daft.

Was in lidl buying a £20 bench vice to put on the van and they had folding pruning saws for 2.99. I bought a couple to try. At that price I couldn't complain. Will see how they go.

Having literally that day just put new gomtaro blade on, at 25 plus vat I thought would see how the 2.99ers faired.

If only for root pruning they may be worth all 299 pennies

I use a gomtaro, Its ok. Reason I havn't changed is because their not cheap, so to just throw away handle etc seems daft.

Was in lidl buying a £20 bench vice to put on the van and they had folding pruning saws for 2.99. I bought a couple to try. At that price I couldn't complain. Will see how they go.

Having literally that day just put new gomtaro blade on, at 25 plus vat I thought would see how the 2.99ers faired.

If only for root pruning they may be worth all 299 pennies

I've been using(had both straight & curved) gardena saws, which i got a few years ago with a pole. The straight one i've worn out, the curved one does work well, but i seem to be struggling to find another localy.

The cheap aldi ones i have found fall to pieces under hard use, so be careful, but for cutting through roots they work well.

Rob

• 1 year later...
Lol i've just google nakanoto and silky images search and just got photos of you conny bashing!

go on then why they better than gomotoro?

Gomtaro is an very good mini pruner...Nakanoto is ultimate balance,quality highly aggressive fast cutting Turbo Pruner for small to large diameter branches.:thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup1: and I have lots and lots of pictures of them and on sites all over...bit obsessed...hence my Arbtalk name:001_smile:

59766b984266f_honeyBrothers009.jpg.fdc1651e93090b190ff069b526374eda.jpg

59766b9840c48_honeyBrothers011.jpg.05697b2f4741b3b8db567e21864209c5.jpg

59766b983f3a5_honeyBrothers007.jpg.00fef1c106a268c3c1cb32a1ed8bc6df.jpg

59766b983d65e_honeyBrothers002.jpg.d60808f212c2fa001d377dc7664c62e1.jpg

Gomtaro is an very good mini pruner...Nakanoto is ultimate balance,quality highly aggressive fast cutting Turbo Pruner for small to large diameter branches.:thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup1: and I have lots and lots of pictures of them and on sites all over...bit obsessed...hence my Arbtalk name:001_smile:

Hi Paul I have a new silky the very large one it the BOY ONE it for sale as I've not used it thanks Jon