Looking for good way to sift soil/rock piles

Woodworks

Around the Farm we have various piles probably amounting to 50+ tons that need sorting. I have made up a 1.2m x 2.4m sieve which I load with the tractor loader but have to manually push the earth around on it to separate out the rocks and this proving very slow and laborious.

Any bright ideas on how to separate the rocks from the earth?

We had some similar to sort so got a 2ft bucket off an old whitlock digger and cut the back of it then bent and welded in some rebar to make a riddle bucket, use it on the back of our old jcb 3c soil needs to be reasonably dry but few shakes to seperate it and can then tip the rock on a different pile

wooden frame with a mesh at 45* angle, use 8ft high 4x4" posts at front and 4ft at rear then box it in, put a mesh over it to whatever size you want to sort down to.

I have used this method for years to sort soil when there isn't enough to warrant putting a powerscreen on the job.

Load it from the back and not the front for best/quickest results

wooden frame with a mesh at 45* angle, use 8ft high 4x4" posts at front and 4ft at rear then box it in, put a mesh over it to whatever size you want to sort down to.

I have used this method for years to sort soil when there isn't enough to warrant putting a powerscreen on the job.

Load it from the back and not the front for best/quickest results

Nice idea :001_smile:

This would work if our soil was nice and light but sadly some of the piles are partly clay type subsoil's that never seem to want to break up without some persuasion.