Unemployed? It seems you're not alone!

sloth

The benefits system in this country makes it easier for low lifes to sit at home rather than work 40 hours a week, plenty work out there if your willing

And its about to get easier.

The eldest is on job seekers, sadly I can't give him any work, only the odd job I get now and again.

They are closing down the centres soon and all the applications or declarations of finding work, whatever you want to call it, is going to be done online or ove true phone.

So they don't even have to get out of bed anymore......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the benefits system thats the problem, its successive governments failure to provide an environment where everyone can have a job, 2013 and we still have mass unemployment, its a disgrace!

BUT,there are plenty of eligible workers that simply don't want to work and can get roughly the same amount of cash doing nothing every week compared to a mc donalds worker. I know where my respect lies

BUT,there are plenty of eligible workers that simply don't want to work.

The cold hard fact of the maths remains, not enough jobs to go around, its good that some don't want to work at least it gives a pittance of a job to those that do.It will get worse next year when the traiters open the gates to Romania and Bulgaria

The unemployment rate according to the government calculations is alleged to be less than 8%. Actual unemployment is more like 20+%. Seems the dictator in chief mandated no one can be counted after your unemployment benefits run out. That's over 20 Million, and climbing!

With nearly 50% of the country on the dole to one degree or another the actual number of people working out of over 330 Million is very low compared to the number of jobs lost and continuing to be lost daily.

easy-lift guy

Even if there were enough jobs to go round youd still have the benefit spunges who dont want to work, if you want a job there is a job out there, what a lot of people lack is Initiative.

Yep... 2.5m unemployed and 2m of that are happy to be so.... No question.

the trouble is if you can not find a job and you say there are loads. have a freind very talented. in IT lives in linconshire can not find a job he has tried there is nothing why he is over 55 and to old for IT. those who he sends a cv to do not say it but he knows its the truth.

go to the north east were the ship building took place. just no jobs what few jobs 1000 apply for one.

the goverments we have had have let our industries go down. when they asked for help they refused saying againts EU charter. now what is happening

ford gone to turkey why subsidised by turkish goverment to move there

Dyson,Tetleys, just to name two who had a hand out by EU goverments to move there plants abroad.

bombadier sold out by goverment underground trains contract awarded to a british firm turned out was a dutch firm made them in Holland. the list goes on. if the goverments had looked and kept half of our industries going our coffers would be in better shape and very little looking for work. can not see if someone looses there job thats £67 a week to pay out £20 would have kept his job going. and he be paying taxes so they get it back.

we are poodles of the EU sooner we are out the better then maybe we can trawl back what we have lost without the EU sticking there nose in.

have to agree on some parts of posts there are those who do not want to work and will never work as they are being paid nicley. as they know all the ways to get as much as they can for no return

In my opinion people are too narrow minded. If you want to work you will do anything not just focus on your chosen vocation. My wife left the NHS a couple of years ago to have our 2 children. 2 months ago she decided that she should go back to work part time mainly to bring money in but also to get her out again in a daytime. She has been working now for about 6 weeks. An application to Tesco on a Saturday night resulted in an interview the following Tuesday, although she didn't get the job a week later she was told of a couple selling items on ebay literally further down our street. There are 5 people working there now, they pack 14000 items a week. It's only minimum wage but there's no travel costs and they are flexible as to how she puts her time in.

I really think each parish should have people cleaning streets/working in the village to keep it tidy that are claiming benefits through lack of work. Make them earn it. Each Monday people could go to the market place to see what work is available - seems like I'm going backwards 100 years. It's just a thought?