How to keep the thieving scum out

Orchard gm

On Saturday morning I came to my lock up to find the padlock cut off the hinges bust open, all kinds of nasty claw marks at the door but it was still shut tight?? My home made security had worked 4 bolts through the door into brackets attached to the door frame with captive nuts attached! They obviously either couldn't figure it out or didn't have a 19mm spanner to hand! It saved me this time but what do all think the best tried and tested security methods are???

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On Saturday morning I came to my lock up to find the padlock cut off the hinges bust open, all kinds of nasty claw marks at the door but it was still shut tight?? My home made security had worked 4 bolts through the door into brackets attached to the door frame with captive nuts attached! They obviously either couldn't figure it out or didn't have a 19mm spanner to hand! It saved me this time but what do all think the best tried and tested security methods are???

Hi there Orchard,

you are one of the lucky ones!

I will watch this afternoon at the imagination of fellow arbs.... the comments will be varied, though I expect there will be a common theme including some discomfort to the aggressors!

Steve

Dig a ditch alround the site,pop razor wire inside and cover with tarp.

Also on the doors have a solid piece of metal that drops down. Making it harder to force open

Then a CCTV camera so you can see them while they suffer!!!!

How long before you called the police an hour? Two?😀

there is a product called smartwater. it sprays fluid on them if they do break in with your post coode DNA then when picked up they glow like a christmas tree. with your dna so they know what they have been up to. some are now using hydraulic tools to pries open containers sheds. not a lot is going to stop that. just needs to be tight so they can not get anything in to prize the doors off.

it comes to something that you have to spend loads to stop it being nicked

I would have kept that to myself about the 19mm spanner ........