vunerable old people

Lyn Ed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I join you:rolleyes: I've done a lot of free work for friends and Karma plays a large part in my life these days....don't know how to skip though:D

Corse you can Paul . You will get the hang of it . Start practicing now bud .....:biggrin:

I do free work for a 92 year old and she often mistakes me for her grandson. It would be very easy for somebody to take advantage.

I do the same free work for a few old people in my local area . Trouble is they recommend me to there friends . Bless em we will be in there shoes one day :biggrin:

2 separate older lady clients have been conned out of almost a grand each in the last couple of weeks by travellers offering to clean the slates with a power washer.

These guys target people with cement fibre slates which need to be kept moss free.

They charge a lot of money for 'extra' chemical which is in fact just bleach in the original chemical containers.

This use of bleach turns the slates white and utterly ruins them reducing their lifespan.

They also break a fair number of slates in the process.

Same guys also offer to muller trees from an ancient MEWP and then charge hundreds more to get rid of the waste.

Do any members of the travelling community actually do a good honest job for a fair wage or are they all to held in contempt and suspicion?

Ty

2 separate older lady clients have been conned out of almost a grand each in the last couple of weeks by travellers offering to clean the slates with a power washer.

These guys target people with cement fibre slates which need to be kept moss free.

They charge a lot of money for 'extra' chemical which is in fact just bleach in the original chemical containers.

This use of bleach turns the slates white and utterly ruins them reducing their lifespan.

Same guys also offer to muller trees from an ancient MEWP and then charge hundreds more to get rid of the waste.

Do any members of the travelling community actually do a good honest job for a fair wage or are they all to held in contempt and suspicion?

Ty

Chap near me had a really nice bit of block paving done by a traveler. Its lasted 15 years and its going well.

Ty

Most travellers work is utter crap, always has been and always will be.

Doesn't bother me as people who employ then I don't want as customers anyway.