vunerable old people

Lyn Ed

Had a phone call this morning at 6.40 from an old gentleman who I cut hedges for, (I don't think he realised it was so early) I've been slightly concerned about him before when he's been slightly confused, I only charge him £40 to do his hedges, but this morning he kept telling me on the phone that he had the £800 ready to pay me, the thought of some low life happening to call with him and ripping him off is worrying me, ive tried ringing him back to tell him not to leave any body in or do work for him, but I don't think his hearing aid is on, I am working today so i I will have to call with him this evening to ask him if he's got any relitives I could contact,

Go round there now and make sure he is all right.Call your first job and explain why you will be late.

Don't let this man be a victim,do something about it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go round there now and make sure he is all right.Call your first job and explain why you will be late.

Don't let this man be a victim,do something about it.

Thumbs up for this answer, I'd loose a days pay to stop that happening

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

just finished work and been up to see the old guy, asked him if he had any family and he said no, none at all, I explained to him that if anybody comes knocking his door that he is not to hand over any money to anyone, because other than his hedge there is nothing else to do in his garden, I also explained to him that he should never mention sums of money like the £800 he mentioned to me this morning, he thanked me for my concern and said he'd try and be more careful, knocked on both of his neighbours to keep an eye on him but no answer, im calling back on Monday to do his hedge for free.

just finished work and been up to see the old guy, asked him if he had any family and he said no, none at all, I explained to him that if anybody comes knocking his door that he is not to hand over any money to anyone, because other than his hedge there is nothing else to do in his garden, I also explained to him that he should never mention sums of money like the £800 he mentioned to me this morning, he thanked me for my concern and said he'd try and be more careful, knocked on both of his neighbours to keep an eye on him but no answer, im calling back on Monday to do his hedge for free.

I sorta could see that coming as that is obviously the kinda guy you are I would be thinking along the same lines . Not good business but hey !

Not good business but hey !

I'll disagree in a polite way. The neighbours hopefully know you're doing the hedges for free, they have friends who have friends: bet you (Lyn Ed) get a call or two for new work. Hope so anyway; it would be just reward for you. Well done.

I'll disagree in a polite way. The neighbours hopefully know you're doing the hedges for free, they have friends who have friends: bet you (Lyn Ed) get a call or two for new work. Hope so anyway; it would be just reward for you. Well done.

Yea can see that too . I am a crap business man and do stuff for nothing some times

Good on ya mate. May Karma reward you in the fullness of time. :thumbup: