Green mech safe trak 19-28

MATTMOSS

the two new ones we've had recent have been a mare to start when cold!

If you still use it check that it has two one way valves, one in the fuel feed to the pump and one in the return to tank otherwise gasoil seems to drain back and let air in meaning you have to wind it over to self bleed before it fires.

I don't know why GM's install of the v220 engine has this problem when other machines using it don't.

PS also the feed roller palm switches; water ingress, vulnerable and expensive.

Have a greenmech quadchip at work, great machine to chip with it really drags the brash in, BUT they are a major pain in the arse to service, too many body panels and poor access. We've also recently had a tracked Forst - great to chip with AND easy to service, that'd be my recommendation!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you still use it check that it has two one way valves, one in the fuel feed to the pump and one in the return to tank otherwise gasoil seems to drain back and let air in meaning you have to wind it over to self bleed before it fires.

I don't know why GM's install of the v220 engine has this problem when other machines using it don't.

To be honest with the original machine we just presumed the was a split pipe, that was letting air draw in over night a bit, but the new ones was brand new when we got it and that does it. It's quite a serious issue really, many a time our machine is left on track, and more than a few times last year it took so long to start it flattened the battery, not very good! Presumably gmech know about the issue? Maybe Pete will add something to this thread?? But its issues like this that give machines a bad reputation, especially in a couple of years time when the battery's getting tired, there'll be no chance of starting it!

Ps yep we've cracked a couple of those, but I do like being able to start the revs up to chip from the hopper, that's a big improvement over the older ones.

It's quite a serious issue really, many a time our machine is left on track, and more than a few times last year it took so long to start it flattened the battery, not very good! Presumably gmech know about the issue?

That's quite a coincidence, our lads say the same but it has always eventually started. Mind tabbing along the cess with a 644 would be no fun. Our first mk2 killed the battery in just over 18 months.

I'd like to try the jensen spider but the extra cost is an issue

There has been an issue with cold starting on some of the Mark 2 machines which appears to havr been cured by fitting two NRV's into the system. Not all engines have them or need them. If you have one that struggles, call your supplier and get them to confirm it with the factory. Guards/covers are available to cover the buttons, this prevents buffoons knocking them off or water getting in through capillary action.

I'm trying to get a loan machine for the OP to try, so he can have it for a couple of days, it is a difficult time of year because of holidays and shows but I'm on it....

I have to say mind, it is a cracking machine - quick across the ground, it's ability to get to places that other woodchippers cannot, big engine, big opening, programmable no stress device, slingable, optional winch, optional electric hydraulic pump, built with finesse in the midlands! Have the factory tour!!!

There has been an issue with cold starting on some of the Mark 2 machines which appears to havr been cured by fitting two NRV's into the system. Not all engines have them or need them. If you have one that struggles, call your supplier and get them to confirm it with the factory. Guards/covers are available to cover the buttons, this prevents buffoons knocking them off or water getting in through capillary action.

I'm trying to get a loan machine for the OP to try, so he can have it for a couple of days, it is a difficult time of year because of holidays and shows but I'm on it....

I have to say mind, it is a cracking machine - quick across the ground, it's ability to get to places that other woodchippers cannot, big engine, big opening, programmable no stress device, slingable, optional winch, optional electric hydraulic pump, built with finesse in the midlands! Have the factory tour!!!

Pete if I get the serial number of ours could you check? Ours are hired in through, I think, hire station, who hire them in again through someone else.

How's the programmable stress work? Is it something a user can do?

Pete if I get the serial number of ours could you check? Ours are hired in through, I think, hire station, who hire them in again through someone else.

How's the programmable stress work? Is it something a user can do?

Send me the number and I'll look into it. The programmable thing is easy enough to do if you get hold of Nac and Jason, but, it is someone elses machine so get their consent first.