are haix p'pros' still the tits

Dilz

Nice timing with this thread. My Meindles are to be re-soled so I need a new pair of boots mean time. Now, I know someone is going to say; get another pair but I want something with a harder wearing sole as I spend more time on the ground these days. Looking at the Stein Phantom but I'm open to suggestions.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are the Airpower Gold like on rate of wear? And the Protector Light on wear rate?

i purchased a pair of the golds over a year ago, very comfy and are holding up very well, considering i drag and kick my feet through heavy bracken and bramble on some sites, i do use moisture cream and dubbin on them every 4 weeks tho or after a wet spell, and only just starting to part the toe cap from the sole, im very happy, i think they will last the rest of the year (touchin my wooden noggin)

my mate bought a pair just after me and had to get them exhanged within 2 months i think it was after the sole was coming away from the back of the boot, but good old f R jones sorted him out, his new pair have now lasted a year to date andnare looking good

Think you gotta take some care on ya booties

Edited by TreePuncher
correct info

i purchased a pair of the golds over a year ago, very comfy and are holding up very well, considering i drag and kick my feet through heavy bracken and bramble on some sites, i do use moisture cream and dubbin on them every 4 weeks tho or after a wet spell, and only just starting to part the toe cap from the sole, im very happy, i think they will last the rest of the year (touchin my wooden noggin)

my mate bought a pair just after me and had to get them exhanged within 2 months i think it was after the sole was coming away from the back of the boot, but good old f R jones sorted him out, his new pair have now lasted a year to date andnare looking good

Think you gotta take some care on ya booties

I got a year out of mine

I've almost always had Pros too. But a good alternative I've been looking at for a next pair are Arbortec's Fellhunter. It's like a super version of the Pro.

Fellhunter Xpert Chainsaw Boot Class 3 - Arboriculture - Footwear

This is the Class 3 boot, there is a class two version and the prices on Arbortec's site are much higher than in shops.

They look good but £330 is an incredible amount of money (I've never been one to scrimp on footwear due to price but that seems bonkers to me).

I think the stein boots have come on a long way, comfy, and hard wearing, and the red phantoms look good to, they are quite similar to the red phanner boots but cheaper at £170