Anyone notice anything missing from this 880?

Chrisy B

anybody else notice that this saw is going to a pig to start and stop with no master run lever by the side of the back handle?

thanks albert

Now that is a strange one. Well spotted but.

In some pics it looks like its missing. But in the last pic looks like its there. :confused1:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he must have had a few questions about the brake. He's now added the following:-

On 10-Jul-13 at 09:33:46 BST, seller added the following information:

just to answer alot of questions about the brake

the brake is not fitted and will not be included in the sale

i have been using this saw as a planking/milling saw and it is not possible to do this if the brake is fitted

anyone who has seen or knows anything about these saws will allready know this

So with that response then those who know about these saws will also know it has been run ragged and probably not at it best. So those who know will steer clear!!!!

Or will they. I'm keeping an eye on this one. Could be good for parts.

This fellas getting a little edgy it would seem, but I love a good bicker:

Me

"Professional saw"? Where's the chain brake lever? This item should NOT be sold without it, since its a factory standard safety feature...

Health and safety eh?

Seller

It's got no bar in it brain dead what good is the brake

Me

If its got no bar on it then what good is the flipping saw?

Would you sell a car with no brakes and say it was in "great condition"?

Good luck.

I use my milling saw with brake (can't see how it can get in anyone's way?) but without felling spikes....

Fully agree, use mine on a logosol M7 and Alaksan both with the chain brake handle fitted and no problems whatsoever, do have the spikes removed for use on the Logosol though.

I think he either removed the brake handle to get rid of the year of manufacture sticker as its older than stated or it has been broke and cant be bothered fixing it! Just my opinion.

It is beginning to look as if ebay is being used by some unscrupulous individuals as a way to sell dodgy goods (shock horror).....

Only idiots need to buy the stuff.

How can people consider buying this sh!te when you can buy the proper stuff from places like Jonesie?