Ag Reg truck..CAN OF WORMS....OPEN AND STAND BACK :)

treedweller

Great info guys!! I currently run a l200 with chip box and a jensen 530 on a ifor plant trailer behind. If it dosn't fit in the l200 then i have a ford 7840 with 12t grain trailer+sides holds 20m3. The problem i have is yesterday i had 3 of what i call back garden jobs, The l200 holds 3.5m3 and i filled it at each job. Now transits and the likes can't carry much more without being overloaded and as pointed out can get stuck on a dogturd. I need 4x4 and capacity but i'm a bit reluctant to go the mog route mainly down to price. Ideally i want a 10t Daf 4x4 with hiab/rotator/grab and the tipper body from a 7.5t 2wd Daf.

So whats the chance of running this setup Ag reg on white on a car license :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't u run it on red mate?

Sent from Outerspace.

as its not agg related and running more than 10 miles from farm. hence potato hauliers who haul spuds with JCB,s should be running on white same as using a tractor for amenity work if you go on road with it it has to be white. its mad

I registard a rb44 as 3.495 tons as that's what she weighed

So your can drive her on a post 97 licence but u would not be able to carry a load but you could tow up to 2.2 ton

U would need to buy a unregistered rb to do this

I have a few of them so I was just playing with Dvla instead of them f-ck ing with me

So your can drive her on a post 97 licence but u would not be able to carry a load but you could tow up to 2.2 ton

I have a few of them so I was just playing with Dvla instead of them f-ck ing with me

Nice :001_smile: needs to be done!! Have you got any pics?? Seems heavy is it a radio body?? Or just the normal ragtop with lockers in the bed. It's a shame they can't tow the full 3.5t as im sure their more upto it than a defender or a landcruiser.

Your towing would still be 750kg max on post 97.

you can tow up to a max gtw of 3500kg on a post 97 licence, if the tow vehicle allows this, the 750kg is UNBRAKED max, there is a lot of confusion and urban myths been posted about this, if you check the road traffic act latest amendements, its explained there

Yeah I have b+e I just dont have c. When I was on about 750kg payload I ment the vehicle. I read somewhere that when down plating you still need to allow for upto 750kg of payload to avoid being over loaded when you get 2 chubbers and their butty box and flasks in there :)

Edited by treedweller

the tow cabability of a rb44 is to do with max gtw so a fully loaded truck with full trailer can only be a max of 7.5ton nothing to do with what it is actualy capable of pulling. I did finde a milatry spec document on this truck saying it was within itts safe capabilitys to tow around 5.5ton on and off road.

the tow cabability of a rb44 is to do with max gtw so a fully loaded truck with full trailer can only be a max of 7.5ton nothing to do with what it is actualy capable of pulling. I did finde a milatry spec document on this truck saying it was within itts safe capabilitys to tow around 5.5ton on and off road.

what payload can you get on the rb44, are they classed as a 5.5t ?if so it could tow 2750, making a gtw of 8250 ? :confused1:or am i thinking of something else :confused1: