Ag Reg truck..CAN OF WORMS....OPEN AND STAND BACK :)

treedweller

How much do you not understand the issues here?

HMCE there remit is fuels and red you definitely can not do but it is nothing to do with operating the vehicle.

VOSA, well the V stands for Vehicle and they (with plod) are your main issue here, if you think they are wrong in the letter of the law then by all means challenge it.

Which is why I was asking for peoples first hand experience, because regardless how much you quote chapter and verse on how its wrong it does happen!! I wanted to hear from people that have been pulled by the old bill for running their mog or truck as ag reg and what happened but instead my theard got derailed into a debate by yourself getting on your soapbox after I asked for people not to do that and now the thread is dead because nobody will be willing to share their experiences infear of being preached to by outhouse barristers. Cheers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I was asking for peoples first hand experience, because regardless how much you quote chapter and verse on how its wrong it does happen!! I wanted to hear from people that have been pulled by the old bill for running their mog or truck as ag reg and what happened but instead my theard got derailed into a debate by yourself getting on your soapbox after I asked for people not to do that and now the thread is dead because nobody will be willing to share their experiences infear of being preached to by outhouse barristers. Cheers

what did you expect? you state you are interested in running a vehicle outside the realms of legality, and want advice and anecdotes from other less than legit road users, on a public forum....

Ohh ok my bad I should never of brought it up and then it obviously dosnt happen!!!!! Get real!!! What happened here in true arbtalk style is someone got ahold of a bone like a terrier and couldnt let go!! Because have a row or proving a point is more inportant than giving to the point info. If you dont agree then thats fine so why contribute none constructive info?? Weve all heard the points that treequip has raised time and time again in other threads even ones that wasnt to the point like mine which is why I said at the start I didnt want people going on about stuff thats been brought up time after time.

Infact im that narked that I would like a mod to close the thread plz!!

Countless less than legal things happen every day, some people get done by the powers that be, most get away with it. Idiots discuss their misdeeds on public forums.

You asked a very naive question, got a reasonable answer, didnt like it and got all childish.

btw. you should have an O license, and C+E for your tractor and trailer if using it for arb :001_tongue:

Well I dont and wont be getting one as I was born into arb and commercial forestry 3rd generation and dont know anyone ever run a tractor on a o license with c+e! The thread that gets the most action in this section is the overloaded thread which is people admitting and showing pics of operating outside the law so why not pop on over there and display you disgust and leave me alone :) but the reason there isnt loads of fuss made over there is because 90% of tree workers if honest will admit theve been there themself at some point in their life!! So I use a vehicle which is designed to carry upto 20t on commercial axels so I dont run vehicles running round on there arse and im in the wronge because I dont have a class 1 and o license for my tractor when there are 17 yr old kids carting silage miles away from base running on cherry b and everything else that goee with it??

im just saying you shouldnt be surprised by the response you got. we all know what goes on, and we'd all like to run big trucks on the cheap. but in a similar vein to all the blurred license plates on the overloaded thread, you are unlikely to find people willing to go into great detail about how they break the rules.

give it a go, you will get away with it until someone who know the law stops you, tells you off and asks for lots of money... that day may never come, or it could happen on your first job...

This thread reminds me of lots of threads that used to pop up on a farming forum I used to have a gander on a little while ago!

A lot of the folks on there attitude to building regs/planning permission for barns/shed etc was "just fecking do it". Feck the council! That attitude stinks IMO.:thumbdown:

Early in this thread I told you what happened to me, first hand experience and I think that puts me in a club of one in his thread.

I was stopped moving round timber with a tractor and trailer by VOSA, I explained the circumstances to the man at the roadside and he followed protocol and reported me, I was hauled before the traffic commissioner and had to explain myself.

I managed to talk my way out of penalties but if I hadn't known the rules he would have had me for no O licence, my class 1 kept me away from a potential no driving licence charge. That was a decade ago and back then they were a lot less sure of themselves, I don't think I would get away with it today.

I realise this isn't the news you were looking for but no need to get upset just because of that.

Have a look at the question you asked or rather the answer you were looking for, it would start "Hi mate this is how I break the law....." And you are surprised there are no replies? but if blaming me makes you feel better that's fine by me.

There are plenty of people out there that are winging it and you think they will grass themselves on a public forum? Hell one guy even lied through his teeth to avoid copping to it FFS

Like I said, crack on and take your chances, plan your routes to avoid fixed checkpoints and hope you don't meet a mobile one or Plod doesn't look to hard if you have a bump. Your reduced operating costs compared to your competitors should allow you to save a contingency fund for when the authorities do catch up with you or you could use it to get compliant and play a straight game.

Ive been stopped countless time hauling round timber and chip never bothered me never ended up in court never had a fine. So now ive found out ive been alledgedly beem dping it all along I think ill go and get a daf gs!!

So with all that experience and three generations behind you why this thread?

Get yourself down to Whithams without delay lad:lol: