Why no 2nd hand bandsaw mills?

difflock

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the price of your 40 big j. Is it trailered, have any hydraulics.

James

Fully hydraulic, with Lubemizer (fancy lubrication system for the band), board drag back, debarker and Set Works. Also trailed. Just under 3500hrs on the clock, will be fully serviced next week. Also might have the chassis fully resprayed prior to sale (no rust issues, just paintwork starting to show it's age [2006] and would benefit from being renewed). 30 bands, some spares, complete with seat as well. £19k.

Jonathan

This one sold on ebay a few days ago. But often they are still available could even be the one in saturdays auction as Oxford is not far away. I dont need another woodmizer but if no one else wants it and it goes for a song I will put it in to stock. If anyone else wants to bid let me know and I wont. May go saturday for a look I am looking for sawn softwood cheap to put through our kindlet and a motor driven bench to cut cord into 6" pieces.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOOD-MIZER-LT15-WOODMIZER-SAWMILL-BANDSAW-FORESTRY-/200932885031?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2ec8888227&nma=true&si=2LWHrvxhvUZwrEryUkTN4XTJ2IU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by gensetsteve
forgot to put the link in

Steve, according to catalogue mostly sawn oak for sale, but just to let you know there's another auction of a bankrupt furniture maker with large amounts of sawn wood for sale. Can't remember if its the week after or 2 weeks after. Different place but not too far. I'll dig out info and let u know if your interested.

I'm very interested in the mill myself, but unfortunately I can't make the auction, I'm told its a unused lt20 2010 model, so it wont be the one from ebay. From my experience if this paticular auction( I go to most) this mill won't go for a song but should be good value. I've only about 4k to chuck at a millvat the mo( damn property sales) so that prices me out.

Id be very interested if you do go in what it sells for, if you would be kind enough to let me know.

James

Edited by muttley9050

James,

Would you mind "pinging" me the catologue?

I would consider putting in a telephone bid, but do not wish to tread on other, more local, more interested/better informed toes.

If anyone wishs to contact myself ph 077-642-11-521

or pm me.

Edited by difflock

Steve, according to catalogue mostly sawn oak for sale, but just to let you know there's another auction of a bankrupt furniture maker with large amounts of sawn wood for sale. Can't remember if its the week after or 2 weeks after. Different place but not too far. I'll dig out info and let u know if your interested.

I'm very interested in the mill myself, but unfortunately I can't make the auction, I'm told its a unused lt20 2010 model, so it wont be the one from ebay. From my experience if this paticular auction( I go to most) this mill won't go for a song but should be good value. I've only about 4k to chuck at a millvat the mo( damn property sales) so that prices me out.

Id be very interested if you do go in what it sells for, if you would be kind enough to let me know.

James

I am always interested in lengths of sawn softwood timber especially with out too many knots . If I bid on the mizer it would be a cheeky 2k if no one else was at all interested. I have a lt15 with elec up down I bought to make sawn timber for kindlet complete waste of time for my purpose as any band saw would be too slow for low profit work. Great piece of kit for more skilled products like beams or making things. when I have learnt how to use it properly then will then probably sell it as it has no commercial purpose for me.

Marcus I would put a low bid in just in case it will be a long way for you to travel but at least you know the machine will be good as it should be new and unused so dont really need to view.