Large Beech trunk

Blaisey

Hi Guys

This is my latest arrival approximately 2m long Copper Beech sadly the rest of the trunk was hollow and I was surprised it was so solid at the bottom. Theres a small metal stain but on the whole it seems pretty clean I have an Alaskan with a 36" and was wondering from your experience what size you would mill ect.

I had planned to half it to release the tension then get a few table tops out of it?

Thanks Blaisey

IMG_0010_2.jpg.7cc081c95ccc592b71350745049f4a02.jpg

IMG_0008_2.jpg.38379f4bdec709f58e5d5721e6a3e863.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg.8ed7b5a8a83ce9f9e214f5ab068cdae5.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is 36" gunna go down the middle of that? Lovely butt, love copper beech. If it was mine it would be table tops from the middle and legs and rails from the outer parts.

James

That's interesting.

I know of a huge beech and the owners weren't sure what to do if it was milled.

Thanks for your concern for my neighbours, I will be moving it to my yard i thought it would be good advertising sat in the front garden for a while.

Good point about the bar size as well. Maybe Rob could let me know if theres any way you can put a 48" on a 066 I know the Sthill one docent fit. I cant rely justify buying an 88 now.

Thanks for the suggestion mutely9050. :thumbup1:

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your concern for my neighbours, I will be moving it to my yard i thought it would be good advertising sat in the front garden for a while.

Good point about the bar size as well. Maybe Rob could let me know if theres any way you can put a 48" on a 066 I know the Sthill one docent fit. I cant rely justify buying an 88 now.

Thanks for the suggestion mutely9050. :thumbup1:

Any more ideas?

HI mate we may have a new 880 here with a 4 ft bar you can hire off me thanks Jon