Remote yard cctv security

Dean Lofthouse

Well the recent "show us your kit" thread is a thieves charter but even if its in the members area that's no protection, all they have to do is join:thumbdown:

One of the many good things about being a member of AT is the fact that specific information is required for membership. I believe if requested by authorities in connection with any and all missing and stolen property this information could prove valuable with regards to solving crimes and recovery of property. This I have seen on several occasions since I joined AT:thumbup1:

With membership comes power and responsibility. I am 110% in favor of putting the Perps away for a very long time when and how ever possible.

I just don't want them to know all my plans in advance:sneaky2:

easy-lift guy

One of the many good things about being a member of AT is the fact that specific information is required for membership. I believe if requested by authorities in connection with any and all missing and stolen property this information could prove valuable with regards to solving crimes and recovery of property. This I have seen on several occasions since I joined AT:thumbup1:

With membership comes power and responsibility. I am 110% in favor of putting the Perps away for a very long time when and how ever possible.

easy-lift guy

What?....

Do you read this through before posting

How are you going to know one member from another, how are you going to know which is a crim and which is pukka? Or are you saying plod should check us all out against stolen kit?

easy-lift guy

Obviously Dean should say he has got two cameras, but only get one, that way they will still be looking for the second one to knobble instead if nicking his gear.

There is a good party game along these lines, you take a bloke out of the room and blindfold him. You take a girl and pin four safety pins about her person, you then wheel the bloke in and tell him he has to find the five safety pins.

(For Dean of course the scheme would rely on them doing their reading first, so not sure:blushing:would it work)

I like the idea of that party game :001_smile:

It matters not if they find or nick the camera, it will have taken numerous photos and video of them....if they wear a hood, it still matters not as I will be there in about 1 minute after my phone alerts me :biggrin:

The good thing about this system is that if someone does happen upon it, it has already sent the vid or photos and stored them elsewhere. You can get a security box for them too which will slow them down long enough to get there if you live further afield.

it still matters not as I will be there in about 1 minute after my phone alerts me :biggrin:

And there is the next problem, I may be wrong but I have come to the conclusion that these scum are pretty fearless, to be as bold as some of them are now being you would have to be.

What exactly do you plan to do ?

I am not trying to be arguementative but realistic, I like to think I can look after myself but in reality what are you going to do against a group of people ?, it appears that they rarely are on thier own.

It's a very awkward situation.

I believe sharing info is important, however I suggest having this discussion in the members only forum since the balance of the world can and does read this site under this listing.

No point advising the enemy of ones intentions in advance.

easy-lift guy

Spotted Ted ! Oh by the way got the shirt , Thanks bud !

And there is the next problem, I may be wrong but I have come to the conclusion that these scum are pretty fearless, to be as bold as some of them are now being you would have to be.

What exactly do you plan to do ?

I am not trying to be arguementative but realistic, I like to think I can look after myself but in reality what are you going to do against a group of people ?, it appears that they rarely are on thier own.

It's a very awkward situation.

I,ve already confronted 5 the first time and four the second, I don't have a problem confronting people. I act first and think about it later, they are on my land trying to steal my equipment, that to me spells no holds barred. I will worry about the consequences afterwards :001_smile:

What?....

Do you read this through before posting

How are you going to know one member from another, how are you going to know which is a crim and which is pukka? Or are you saying plod should check us all out against stolen kit?

I have, calm down. Plod as you refer to the Police are not in the business of automatic suspicion. Having a source of data to work with in conjunction with on going cases of theft or missing property is a valuable investigative tool.

Under lawful circumstances and court ordered subpoena if need be many cases can and do get solved. Reasonable suspicion and ones rap sheet is usually enough to start an investigation here state side. I believe there may be a bit more apathy on the part of the Police on either side of the pond.

Just like good and bad folks every where.

easy-lift guy

I got some useful kit and brilliant service/back up from Digital Direct Security. If your workshop and house both have an internet connection, you can install a multiple camera system linked to a DVR with a web server. The DVR can be accessed from any computer or smartphone (with the right passwords). Motion sensors, night vision, 1000Gb HDD and a web server for about £600 I seem to remember.