in need of new chainsaw trousers

Ian Clarke

I started a thread on this recently as need some new ones most people seemed to suggest Pfanner Stretch Airs im going to take a look at the arb show if I manage to get there in time I just hinted to the hubby I may be buying a few bits and bobs tip toeing around the subject lol. I need to try before I buy as had Husqvarna C type before in a small and they were huge on me im currently using hi flex in a size s and they fit well so there is a real difference between different makes but I want to take a look at the stretch air and see how their size small fits,I find hi flex scag a lot when you have areas that have bramble growth they always catch the material down lower on the front and then your trousers end up looking scruffy and its important to look like you have not been dragged though a bush backwards as much as possible when you have private customers to deal with lol.

Hope you find somthing that fit's its always worth asking for everyones opinions :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the extra info mark its very much apreciated. I've blown the crotch on any pair of trousers so far. So will avoid the stretch airs. And I don't mind spending the money if the trousers do the job and last well also my way of thinking. How much are my legs worth to me. Hence why I only buy type c's

Stretch air gladiators are made of an excellent durable material which won't snag or pull had a pair for years, zips have gone but over all they're in good nick. Also got some sip progress which I love , we'll fitted comfy and I'll be getting another pair soon.

What I like about the Pfanners is the crotch is right up there under your seed sack so there is no " baggy bit " . If you reach across with a leg the " hinge " , for want of a better description , is nearer the center of the radius if you see what I mean . You dont get that pulling on the side of your thighs .......