Chainsaw gloves

Have you got a rear handled 150?

Your not really going to find any gloves that will stop the vibration unless they are really heavy rubber hands and even then prob wouldn't do much.

I've been using saws for 17yrs and never really seen the need for chainsaw protection in gloves. I could understand maybe a left handed glove for some climbers that may use the saw 1 handed briefly whilst cutting and holding.

I'd say if your really paranoid that you may cut your hands then get some but IMO if you were looking to stop some vibration go for something with heavy padding in the palm and fingers although this may take away some of your control.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem in a the search for a chainsaw protection AV glove..... none on the market! I ended up going for the vibe protection as I have problems with vibration and see that as a higher risk. I've currently got Timberland antivibration gloves, that have no back of hand protection, but do help with the vibs. I picked up my pair unused on flebay for £10 but they are around £35 new instore

Timberland Vibstop 1 Anti Vibration Gloves

• 1 month later...

Dont forget you can fit spongy stuff to the handle. I've tried tennis racket handle tape which does help. I had a this great idea of using 15mm pipe lagging compressed and bound with some strong tape, which im sure would be great as long as you compress it enough to get the handle diameter down.

RobD off here at Chainsawbars is selling av gloves that are machine washable, not tried them yet but they sound pretty good.

I bought a pair of av gloves recently, can't remember where now but they are ok. Felt a bit weird at first as they have rubber ribs across palms and fingers but like yourself after 2days of 7hrs solid carving without gloves my finger was numb/tingly for about 4 days.

RobD off here at Chainsawbars is selling av gloves that are machine washable, not tried them yet but they sound pretty good.

I bought a pair of av gloves recently, can't remember where now but they are ok. Felt a bit weird at first as they have rubber ribs across palms and fingers but like yourself after 2days of 7hrs solid carving without gloves my finger was numb/tingly for about 4 days.

Hi wise I had some rob there good mate thanks Jon

I think iw ould be right in sayinfg that teh AV gloves use some kind of rubber, usually compressed neoprene, to reduce the vibration transfered from teh handle to the saw. You can buy neoprene gloves from a variety of sources that might be worth a try. SCUBA diving or cycling are two ares that sue neoprene gloves.

Not tried them myself for saw use (but I am a diver.instructor) as i dont find i get much vibration issue most of the time.

as for chain-protection, the one time i damaged my hand (with a King Arthur tool, lancelot thing) it was the inner surface of my finger that got cut and the chain-protection is only on the back anyway so didnt help at all :(

I use anti vibration work gloves. I have neurapathy (small nerve damage) inmy hands and the gloves make a big difference. The best Av gloves I have found available are cycling gloves.

Well fitted leather gloves are best when angle grinding (kick back) but I have not been able to find leather AV.