Support your industry shows

Les Cork

Posted by Rupe

"In fact, arbtalk provides a huge resource of pictures and of course opinions about all types of kit so it might be that the huge number of arbtalk members is the reason for less attendance at shows? We can see it all here for free!"

Can't argue with that.

I am in the process of tooling up for a more efficient firewood business. The help and and advise given on here has been immense and frankly I am not sure without your help I would be about to spend the sums of money I am about to so the dealers have benefited from Arbtalk. Still nice to go to a show once in while.

Posted by Jonesie

"If the further afield guys want to attend a show, if you car share and make it down to mine, you can camp over and I'll buy you all a pint for making the effort. "

Can't say I am going to take you up on the offer but still mighty kind of you :thumbup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows used to be about getting a bargain and networking! Those days have gone due to the net. As for the lads further afield all you need to do is car share or book trains or even get a flight (i was going to fly down to Bristol, but i ain't to keen on flying) early. I'm miles away from Cirencester so I booked a return train from Suffolk last week it cost me £39.50. I'm lucky I will me staying with mendiplogs for the weekend. But I'm sure a weekends camping wouldn't have broke the bank.

Shows used to be about getting a bargain and networking! Those days have gone due to the net. As for the lads further afield all you need to do is car share or book trains or even get a flight (i was going to fly down to Bristol, but i ain't to keen on flying) early. I'm miles away from Cirencester so I booked a return train from Suffolk last week it cost me £39.50. I'm lucky I will me staying with mendiplogs for the weekend. But I'm sure a weekends camping wouldn't have broke the bank.

HI EGGS how many LT of cider do we need mate i think 10/15lt just the job :thumbup1:jon :thumbup:

I think the shows are quite well supported, given the state of the economy, given the fact they're held on workdays, given the fact that there are so many shows. The AA Show only ever attracts around 2000 visitors at best, I can't remember the gate for Jones show. Didnt Clarks hold a show up North? And there was the Arb Fair North, with a low attendance and poor weather, so there is soemthing somewhere for everyone. Cirencester is around a 4hr trip for us over here, hardly local.

At the shows now, ok bargains aren't so available as once upon a time, but there are seminars, talks, demos of equipment where you can learn and see how it works, or catch up with the latest equipment, it isn't all shopping.

I think the shows are quite well supported, given the state of the economy, given the fact they're held on workdays, given the fact that there are so many shows. The AA Show only ever attracts around 2000 visitors at best, I can't remember the gate for Jones show. Didnt Clarks hold a show up North? And there was the Arb Fair North, with a low attendance and poor weather, so there is soemthing somewhere for everyone. Cirencester is around a 4hr trip for us over here, hardly local.

At the shows now, ok bargains aren't so available as once upon a time, but there are seminars, talks, demos of equipment where you can learn and see how it works, or catch up with the latest equipment, it isn't all shopping.

It's not all about shopping Andy. But that used to be the main driver for folk to go to shows. Getting a better deal than you could at the local dealer.

I will be at the Euston show near to Thetford this weekend! I was there last year trying to have a deal on a new shooting coat for Mrs Egg. It was marked up at just short of £400. The bloke on the stand said he would knock off £20 if I paid cash! Not much of an incentive to go to a show considering it cost that for the two of us to get in there.

I'm sure you are right about the seminars, talks and demos. But those things won't bring in many none-arbs like myself.

It's not all about shopping Andy. But that used to be the main driver for folk to go to shows. Getting a better deal than you could at the local dealer.

I will be at the Euston show near to Thetford this weekend! I was there last year trying to have a deal on a new shooting coat for Mrs Egg. It was marked up at just short of £400. The bloke on the stand said he would knock off £20 if I paid cash! Not much of an incentive to go to a show considering it cost that for the two of us to get in there.

I'm sure you are right about the seminars, talks and demos. But those things won't bring in many none-arbs like myself.

HI EGGS nice one mate i will pm paul cider mate jon it £22 to get into the bath and west show jon EACH

I think you have got ya litres and gallons mixed up me old mucker! Just remember silky, Paul/Pete is coming.:lol:

hello jon and eggs when are you collecting money for jon dressing up after the cider been opened :thumbup1::thumbup1: