for sale stihl kit... saws etc

jnoon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So in the future I won't be able to buy after market/spares parts off an ebay shop etc for a 25 year old 048 I bought of mendip jon and the small 250, or a different exhaust if I want? That's me writing stihl off, then. They are becoming the Apple iplant machinery of the working world, and that is disappointing.

So in the future I won't be able to buy after market/spares parts off an ebay shop etc for a 25 year old 048 I bought of mendip jon and the small 250, or a different exhaust if I want? That's me writing stihl off, then. They are becoming the Apple iplant machinery of the working world, and that is disappointing.

As far as I know aftermarket are actually fine as they don't carry the stihl name as such. Plus that would be a lot for stihl to try and stop. Means meteor wouldn't be able to sell there pistons. And somehow I can't see that happening.

HI LUKE go to steve on here mate hows the 048av hows it going ok thanks jon :thumbup:

A 40 min round trip to pick up a spare part isn't much if your businesses will be online thereafter? If I've read their policy guideline correctly you will be able to continue purchasing online from a store if you've been there in person for something Stihl produced. So you may have to become registered or something similar, its hardly the end of the world? Stihl may have taken an excessive step at this stage but I reckon that this may be reviewed shortly due to the problems that they may cause long standing and loyal customers.

Should you or anyone need air for your blowers, there appears to be plenty here hot air that is!!

A 40 min round trip to pick up a spare part isn't much if your businesses will be online thereafter? If I've read their policy guideline correctly you will be able to continue purchasing online from a store if you've been there in person for something Stihl produced. So you may have to become registered or something similar, its hardly the end of the world? Stihl may have taken an excessive step at this stage but I reckon that this may be reviewed shortly due to the problems that they may cause long standing and loyal customers.

Should you or anyone need air for your blowers, there appears to be plenty here hot air that is!!

That WAS the old policy, the NEW policy means NO machines or parts can be posted out, its personal hand over only :thumbdown: