what are stihl playing at??

jnoon

Seriously, if this is TRUE have stihl thought about the possible consequences??

I run all stihl gear...

Have they thought about the safety issues this may cause???:confused1:

What if ur in the woods/cover/on site and something simple such as a brake band goes pop..

normally I would be on the phone to fr Jones and it would get POSTED :sneaky2:

Now what is ment to happen im 45 mins from.local dealer, 34 mile round trip.

Plus not mentioning the fact by the time you get there they may be closed.

So now are we ment to put the saw down and not use it for a week or two untill we have chance to go in and get a part.... Its totally RIDICULOUS :thumbdown:

Who will be paying for that down time.

I can't speak for everyone but im not happy. Think it could cause Health and safety problems:sneaky2:

Josh.

Seriously, if this is TRUE have stihl thought about the possible consequences??

I run all stihl gear...

Have they thought about the safety issues this may cause???:confused1:

What if ur in the woods/cover/on site and something simple such as a brake band goes pop..

normally I would be on the phone to fr Jones and it would get POSTED :sneaky2:

Now what is ment to happen im 45 mins from.local dealer, 34 mile round trip.

Plus not mentioning the fact by the rooms you get there they may be closed.

So now are we ment to put the saw down and not use it for a week or two untill we have chance to go in and get a part.... Its totally RIDICULOUS :thumbdown:

Who will be paying for that down time.

I can't speak for everyone but im not happy. Think it could cause Health and safety problems:sneaky2:

Josh.

HI JOSH there are ways of putting things not this way :thumbdown:jon

Trust me I see your frustration jnoon. I'm probably just the same at the moment.

On another note is anyone employing anyone full time. Could be looking for full time employment soon. Don't think just mower repairs will keep food on the table....

personally, this won't affect me. I buy all my spares face to face anyway. I don't use Stihl chain..I find Oregon chain and guidebars MUCH better. As for saws?...well they just want to stop people shopping around and dealers getting competitive and dropping prices. Expect prices to go UP. Iimagine if we could do this with our work eh? ;)

Trust me I see your frustration jnoon. I'm probably just the same at the moment.

On another note is anyone employing anyone full time. Could be looking for full time employment soon. Don't think just mower repairs will keep food on the table....

I might need a gofer to go collect my stihl spares

Rich, saw repairs are a necessary part of of a horticultural engineering business, but are the least profitable part. I would be very happy if I never had another saw through the door, it would leave me more time for mowers.

The profit is to be made in mowers, both pedestrian and ride on. There are loads more of these out there than saws so that is where you need to concentrate your efforts. The area you live in will be no different to mine for the amount of mower work to be had and you have seen the amount of work I get.

You have only just started, stick with it but spread your wings.

Spreading every day Barrie. To be honest the mowers are not the biggest part. I actually get more saws, hedgecutter, spinners, strimmers, and other machines than I do mowers.

The problem I have now is I don't advertise. Never actually have, word of mouth does more for me than anything.

Think I need to get some ads up.