Jig Saw n Sander?

Big Beech

As per title.

max depth of timber is 2" and the hardest is likely to be Oak at that size.

don't wont to spend a fortune (just bought a new camera :001_rolleyes:)

what are me options ?

secondly, looking for a more flexible sanding option. I have a 4" belt sander which is great for planx, but looking to sand up some bone Oak for a chair so may be intricate places, but I don't wont multiple tools if I can help it.

Suggestions please?

thanx,

Simon

personaly i have a profesional bosch jigsaw and aside from my 4" makita belt sander i have a makita palm sander and i think if you owned these as part of your arsenal then you should be able to tackle pretty much any job required.

dont buy cheap stuff because if you do it will clap out within a year and then you will end up buying the expensive stuff that will last your lifetime anyway...

Not really sure what advice you want? If its for what sanders or jigsaws here's my thoughts.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=181128687133&index=17&nav=SEARCH&nid=71210329216

This sander or the equivalent dewalt are both ace and good value. I have dewalt but used makita and both similar. I would get which ever you can find cheapest. Jigsaw is going to cost a lot of money for a decent one.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=390534813472&cmd=VIDESC

This is good for the price, but if you can't afford something like this, get a powerful cheap Chinese thing, if you buy somewhere with a warranty you can replace when it breaks. I find erbaurer(screwfix own brand) a reasonable compromise on price and quality. but make sure you buy quality blades whatever saw you buy.:)

Edited by muttley9050

As others have suggested the Bosch Pro jigsaws are very good. Mines 20 years old and had one new thrust bearing that's it.

For sanding intricate places it might be worth looking at a power file. B&D make one and it's OK and I think Makita make one as well. I have used the B&D one occasionally and is quite fierce but can be used delicately. Can'y say I have used it enough to fully recommend thou. My favorite sander is a Metabo random orbit. Great on flat surfaces and gentle curves but not really made for intricate bits.