Saw choice

Treemoose

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I was coppicing winter 11/12 and it was ffffffffreezing didn't do any coppice this year due to illness but one I'm back in the saddle I shall be investing. Also looking into a ms 150t as where I coppice I usually have to lift the oaks on the headland so the combines can get under them. At 2.6kg it seems the way forward as I am a lot weaker than I was before getting ill. This is assuming I can handle climbing again.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies

576xp ordered and should get it Monday

Always used stihl saws and wanted to give husqvarna a go to build up my own opinion/knowledge on these saws. 441 would have been my next choice, maybe next time :biggrin: let's see how the 576 performs!

What made you choose the 576 over the 372? Autotune?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Vibes are lower on the spec not as low as the 441 tho. I've suffered with bad trigger finger and try not to get it back. Yes I'm interested in the autotune see how it goes. Reading through other threads I liked what I was reading. Other than that its a punt.

You can only take other people's opinions so far (which I do appreciate) until you find out for yourself :001_smile: I try to move with the times and I know the 372 is tried and tested but I still like to try out the newer stuff

Hopefully a 20" will work out well :biggrin:

It will, I bought the 18 for a mill but use it alot for rigging up or chogging down, I have full chisel chains and have the rakers low on the 18,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If its anything like the 046/460, then the 461.Monster of a saw.I love my 046, and cant see myself replacing it with newer kit.I have 18",25" and 28" bars for it and see it as my `go to` saw for most occasions.Great power to weight ratio saw which i will use for most tasks with the right bar.