Dealing with shock!

Rich2484

You panicked and took the stormy Stan outfit off in front of all those kids. The first rule of being a mascot is follow it through to the end. .. whatever!

Sorry, please don't take that the wrong way. :)

It's always a shock with kids the first time something happens, it will happen again. .. and again and you will handle it better

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You panicked and took the stormy Stan outfit off in front of all those kids. The first rule of being a mascot is follow it through to the end. .. whatever!

Sorry, please don't take that the wrong way. :)

It's always a shock with kids the first time something happens, it will happen again. .. and again and you will handle it better

Have no fear, I took it off once I was in a back room with Leo and his mum. :lol::thumbup1:

As a father of three very active boys i think the fact the your looking to other to reasured you shows that you have the right stuff.

I've had similiar scenario oldest son had knock to head at rugby little dazed another father a GP said he was fine but take him to AE just incase hour later sat waiting son glazed over freaked me out, next thing hes being tied to a spine board on floor of waiting room eckk

Up to this point i was fine but there is something about your child have three peoples attention cutting his clothes off in a very proffesional panic that cut me down.

I can completly understand your feelings sink a beer a chill as you know kids are kids and it wont be the last emotional thriller

The way you felt I think is perfectly normal as a parent as everyone has said. Try to keep every thing in perspective your boy has had a nasty cut to the head but you say seems ok now after the the care and love you as parents gave him ,as said emotions images etc play your mind when you are alone with nothing else to do but relive the days events I'm sure as said he will be fine "until the next time"!!!!! Good on ye

Its perfectly normal to look at your actions in the cold light of day and naturally you are able to see things you could have done differently, reacting well under those circumstances is a difficult thing, many go to pieces at the sight of a bit of claret and scalp wounds do bleed well, add to that the family factor, and anyone would do well not to have at least a "moment".

Rather than analysing your actions, ask yourself if you would have been able to step up if there wasn't someone else there to take the first aid on.

I think after any situation like this when the dust settles you replay the incident over in your mind - what could have been done better? Did I do all I could etc.

But the facts are you dealt with it well and I think it's important to give yourself reassurance and a mental pat on the back for acting as you did and if it happens again you will be able to deal with it and do the right thing.

:001_smile: