Nissan cabstar tipper??

hamdogg

Often wondered how easy or not it would be to fit a rear axle off a Terrano onto a cabstar. So you have a limited slip diff.

dont hold me to this but i was told the diffs will swap from the terrano axle to the cabstar axle but i never tried it!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the Isuzu versions in work, pretty much the same van, over loading them is pretty easy to do but they seem to handle it pretty well, but it is very noticeable! The cab is ok for 2 but 3 is quite the squeeze handy for getting through tight spaces and the turning circle is pretty good as your sat over front wheels but be wary of big pot holes, they can lead to big "cab explosions" which can be nasty! The risk assessment folder has left me practically infertile on a few occasions!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Genuine spares! so aftermarket wont be as bad! i actually heard they werent too bad on juice but after driving around in my ranger ill be used to it

Having run various Nissans over the years and still do I have to say that whilst genuine spares are indeed more expensive, they have a lifetime of at least 50-100% longer than aftermarket ones. I generally use all genuine now except if I need something urgently and Nissan are out of stock.

...they rust bad under the archers so the seat fall through, they get stuck just looking at a bit of grass . But they have a very good turning circle.

^^ Land Rover owner Rob? ;)

Often wondered how easy or not it would be to fit a rear axle off a Terrano onto a cabstar. So you have a limited slip diff.

Nissan claim my Cabstar will do 20 to the gallon. I think that's thirsty.

The old ones definitely rotted (mine did quarter of a million miles first which is how far away the moon is!) but my current one which is a 2000 model is a lot different. No rot on the cab but some on the back. Only bit on the cab is where a seam is starting to swell, other than that it is perfect as far as rust goes.

This era (2000 ish) were a vast improvement on the older ones rust wise, generally at least 10 yrs before anything and I know exactly what you mean about the seam swelling, just a tiny bit where salt has eventually got in... Good machine, go for it.

Hi all, im thinking of getting a nissan cabstar tipper, because most of my work is domestic tree and hedge work, and think it will be a good all rounder little truck rather than a larger truck e.g. transit iveco etc

I run a ford ranger at the moment but want something with a bit more chip carrying capacity.

Heard some good reviews about them, just wondered what other tree folk who use them think of them, running costs, pulling ability etc

Another thing is that alot of the older ones are single rear wheels and dont think that would be suitable!

Anyone??

I ran one through two winters and managed to get out everyday (with a struggle). But had to pull it out of the yard with my tractor from time to time. If you are only doing domestic work I think you would be ok. Don't get one if you have got to go off road a lot. They will slide on a banana skin!

On dry tarmac twin wheels will give you more grip, that is why drag cars have wide wheels, more rubber in contact with the ground.

On slippy stuff narrow tyres have more grip, snow tyres are narrow not wide.

From that I would deduce that twin wheelers will have less grip on mud/grass.

Wide wheels are going to be better in conditions where you might sink, low ground pressure tyres are a good example of this. It's a big mistake to take a Cabstar into those conditions, trust me I am a farmer and i have owned a Cabstar for all of the last 20 years.

Single wheel version will carry more weight than is legal with no problem at all, twin wheelers will only be able to carry less (legally) not more. Truck will be 3500kg GVW either way. If the two extra wheels weigh 75kg then your payload will be 75 kg less than the single wheel version.

We HavA Cabstar a And An Iveco At work And While The Iveco Is A Better Ride And Way More Comfy In The Cab The Cabstar Can Hold More, Pull More And Get In More Places. As Mentioned Though, It Will Get Stick On A Dog Turd, And We Have A Twin Rear Wheeler, Utter Gash On Grass. Quality Trucks Though.