Grief for not using wire core.

Brett

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use mine on large diameter stem dismantling. For everything else I use my rope lanyard. When I was employed on powerline clearance they only ever allowed wire core fliplines which used to peeve me a bit.

WPD do not allow you to use them on live line cutting.

I only ever used mine on large sections (chogging), cos they flick so much easier. I cannot find mine now though

I hate them! Heavy cumbersome and not cut proof. strop and choked rope with descender/wrench/uni/whatever underneath for quick bailout in case of emergency. If I did cut my strop I would rather fall back a little way on a choked line than skid down the pole to the base with a rope looped loosely around the stem!! Soft locked fig 8 is the most cost effective and safe way of doing it if your are using a rope strop.

Yep, I see it now.

I still would not be happy to take a backwards dive if the strop in tension got compromised, but take your point Johny.:001_smile:

each to ther own , i used a soft strop for yrs , for chogging down , only cozi had a swidish strop & it was numb, now got a new light weight type , only used for take downs ,naff for any thing else ,thats just my opinion ,

I never use a wire core flip line! Don't even own 1 as long as you back up your system and let's face it, it only takes a second to reach round and check were your line is! Or shout to a grounds to check. Me in action ;)ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369167521.055233.jpg.55bc23b46d28d10c64fede54ad6af002.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App