The evolution of my arb truck

Gray git

Great looking truck. I worked with dodge 50's for years. True workhorses.

I would get a cover on that winch, plasma line does not like being exposed to UV - keeps all the road dirt & salt off it too

Will bare that in mind and fabricate some sort of cover to hide the fetching purple rope

Looking great mate.

I used to work for a firm with an RB44. I have found memories of punching the dash everytime I tried to get it into 2nd and 4th.

I have unfond memories of that very Truck blowing its Gearbox on the Hammersmith Roundabout one Bank Holiday Friday.

How much did the Chip Box cost you in total Mr Git? Looks the business!

To mr hill, bet you wer popular that day and the cost was a shy under 3.4 k which was all the ally, steel and tipping gear so not bad compared to some iv heard about.

Depending on cost whole thing might be getting tangoed to hide the silver but if too much just the cab will get done, did think about vinal wrap for the box but as still do a bit of subby works with truck and chipper so ill need boards that can come off without much drama, no silver lady's but did find an action man tied to the winch by one of my mates. :beer:

Just spent a few hrs fitting a fancy new DAB radio and speaker's (halfords, half price) so will have something else to listen to than a singing 6 pot engine.

Ill make the effort to work out what she could hold tomorrow and then some1 might tell me how overweight I could be. :rolleyes:

To mr hill, bet you wer popular that day and the cost was a shy under 3.4 k which was all the ally, steel and tipping gear so not bad compared to some iv heard about.

Depending on cost whole thing might be getting tangoed to hide the silver but if too much just the cab will get done, did think about vinal wrap for the box but as still do a bit of subby works with truck and chipper so ill need boards that can come off without much drama, no silver lady's but did find an action man tied to the winch by one of my mates. :beer:

Just spent a few hrs fitting a fancy new DAB radio and speaker's (halfords, half price) so will have something else to listen to than a singing 6 pot engine.

Ill make the effort to work out what she could hold tomorrow and then some1 might tell me how overweight I could be. :rolleyes:

If you paint the cab make sure your man knows that the only thing that sticks well to NATO green paint is more NATO green paint, preparation is everything

Is yours a 6 pot? they were normally 4 and that's a tight enough fit that I wouldn't want to squeeze 2 more cylinders in there.

Radios are for when you are parked up, Perkins is music of its own.

Any news on that exemption yet...................:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Sorry my bad 4ltr 4pot phaser engine, still sounds good.

I had heard that about the paint but lad who will be doing it knows his stuff.

All sorted thankyou treequip, how you getting on replating that disco tipper from gvw of less than 3ton so it can carry more than a saw and bait box? ;)