The best front mounted chipper for a mog?

MattyF

The Duckers are, they are direct drive, however the Schieslinger has a built in reversing gear box, so the chipper is still standard drive direction. The disadvantage of the Ducker is that the discharge shute goes in front of the driver (on LHD mogs) meaning it needs folding down when driving.

cheers Dave, so can the standard Schliesing can be mounted on the front or back, if so thats brilliant :thumbup1:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers Dave, so can the standard Schliesing can be mounted on the front or back, if so thats brilliant :thumbup1:

No mate, front only, the reversing gear box is an integrated part of the chipper, plus it fitted to the front on a Schmitt (sp) plate, not three point linkage.

The old duckers were direct, the later ones are reverse drive, so the chute doesn't obstruct the view, also means they can be mounted front or rear as you can by pass the reverse box, this was done on the U20 at Alex's and a mod made to the DIN mount so it can go on the rear linkage as well.. I have one for sale :thumbup1: it's a HF 200 front mount, the perfect size for the 1200 , and can be modded to go on the rear if needs be..

Cheaper than schleising, a bit lighter built tho but no electrics, a good all round chipper IMO

Stan

That bandit looks like it sticks out way to far for normal driving, I would not want to try and get around a town with that rig, the ducker I used was good but quite high to feed bigger stuff into. The best and prob the cheepest front mount I have used was a 10" farmi on a hydrolick din plate so it could be lowered down a bit but it was a 3 blade version not a normal 2 blade.

Was that a farmi 260 ?? What was it like with brash ? We had a 160?? Or the smaller version on a pto and it was pretty hopeless unless chipping timber.

The ducker sounds a good option the schliesings are very pricey from what I have seen.

Working on it , the rig I have in mind would be pretty handy on most of the jobs we have done this week and im sick of getting stuck in winter or not been able to get on site ,its just convincing the finance company and do I keep the truck and chipper... Incase the mog breaks!

Yes it was a 260, it was fine on everything apart from willow stringy stuff which raped around the top roler, used to crane feed a rear mount off the same type and both wer excellent just keep the blades good so they can help pull the material in as blunt blade make stuff build up behind the rolers.

Also a lot lighter thank most outhers so less risk off overloading the front axle