Central

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Just found this post .what the op failed to mention was that the trees were in a church yard surrounded by other trees no simple fell and no machinery access to remove timber.short of removing grave stones and replacing 900 was a good quote I was nearer the two grand mark.the op has pissed off at least three local firms who have all walked away from the job.wonder why!!!

Just found this post .what the op failed to mention was that the trees were in a church yard surrounded by other trees no simple fell and no machinery access to remove timber.short of removing grave stones and replacing 900 was a good quote I was nearer the two grand mark.the op has pissed off at least three local firms who have all walked away from the job.wonder why!!!

Oh dear!

So the tree is still up?

Hi all, - few thoughts on Hoo Haa here - Firstly we got American/English/French involvement here ............. although Americans and English mostly share a common language how we use it can differ particularly when it comes to the perception of offence given by use of language.

I think the Brits reading this thread will share a common thought of just why exactly is Craobh so upset, whereas Americans may feel "well, there's no need to be like that" although America is a big place & so I think they may have similar misunderstandings within their own borders if geographically far apart.

Also, How people read a message may be different to the way the writer intended it to be taken, and state of mind before reading (or indeed writing) can affect how taken. and finally in case I'm boring you all (not that I'd care as gotta hide like a Rhino myself), this site has got a lot of diverse people on here. The content is generally from like minded people and therefore hugely interesting, often witty and occasionally controversial - because of so many on here we will all come across a small number of individuals we will disagree with, find their writing style abrupt or even a little rude (my all time fave so far for writing style is "Mountain Man" - respect - he tells it how it is and frequently makes me smile with his 'Dryness') - with all this good stuff going on all the time here why give it up cos of the odd occasion that you take something one way even though not necessarily sure how intended.

So Craobh as an American might say (spot how careful I'm being lol) - "Do yourself a favour and get over this" - that was intended in a nice friendly way maybe with a pat on the shoulder rather than a in ya face way - cos the diversity on here mostly makes it really good and the occasional not so good for you............................ so what! this is too good to miss!