Dremel ?

bob

Been thinking of getting one off and on for years but never committed.

I do woodturning and all sorts of nackling

Any thoughts as would I use one and if so which would you suggest?

Or not bother

Cheers

I find some of the Dremel tools really good, and others really useless. I haven't found a decent wire brush, but the click lock cutting discs are great. I've been running the same one for ages and it's still going. Solid carbide burrs are really useful, including for drilling out sheared off fittings. Much cheaper from China than genuine ones.

No idea on using it for wood-related stuff though - I use old school carving chisels etc.

Alec

I was the same as you Bob undecided but saw them in either lidl or aldi think they were about £20 use mine mainly for fine detail sanding and cutting small pieces.

Just remembered I got a kit with over 100 bits in from aldi for a fiver so must have got the tool from there too, I find it very handy

I should add, I've tried a few of the cheap Dremel copies but work bought a genuine one and it's so much better. It's the cordless with two Lithium-Ion batteries. You can pretty much charge up one in the time the other runs for.

Alec

I should add, I've tried a few of the cheap Dremel copies but work bought a genuine one and it's so much better. It's the cordless with two Lithium-Ion batteries. You can pretty much charge up one in the time the other runs for.

Alec

I have one of these,very good tool.:thumbup1:

my wife had one for peoples feet sanding off the hard nail i now have it and have grinding stones for touching up the axes and bills makes a cracking job.

but want to get some more bits so thanks for the info on aldi or liddle will go and get some bits to have a go with my wood bits i am trying to make. trying the word. me and wood unless i have a saw in hand do not get on.metal for me but making something from wood is so nice.