Freelander

Sawtooth

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so I must take it up the Harris, snippet a bit of the hair and dance on a Friday at the Blue Oyster. Oh, and I don't have to pay for the parking... Freelanders, they're GREAT.

Never had a problem with mine, does what it say on the tin. Even though I like the defenders I have enough problems with vibration and rattles using a power saw each day to warrant being shaken to bits on the way home...

:001_tongue:

rich, what does a little bit more vibration matter when you're driving a defender; saves having to buy a massage chair:001_tongue: Of course most of the people who complain about defenders aren't built right for them, you need to be a shorta--e like me.

Edited by penfold
forgot a bit

so I must take it up the Harris, snippet a bit of the hair and dance on a Friday at the Blue Oyster. Oh, and I don't have to pay for the parking... Freelanders, they're GREAT.

Never had a problem with mine, does what it say on the tin. Even though I like the defenders I have enough problems with vibration and rattles using a power saw each day to warrant being shaken to bits on the way home...

:001_tongue:

i had 1, once did it what we needed even dragged my entec ph 25 across a site clearance job no prob, had it 28 days according to the insurance company, some one else took a liking too it too, the wife was :sad:

Well my use for it would be getting in to which ever forest where working at.

So im gona be carring a few toolboxes in it and hydralic parts.

What attracted me to the freelander over the defender is its much more comfy and warm at 5am in the morning. But its clearly less rugged.

We genrally use the same track as the harvester and forwarder use so ruts tend to appear and itrs gona have to cover some rough tracks.

The current freelander im looking at is only £1500 and is near 200,000 miles

The guy who owns it currently use's it for forestry and has looked after it very well.

Thanks for all the response so far :thumbup:

Edited by Sawtooth

the big downfall is the clearance, and if your attempting to follow havester / forwarder tracks, ruts will be a big issue for it. You can get lift kits for them, but its only 60mm max, and i think you can get body spacers but it all adds up. And you cant get very big tyres on them. I have 205's on mine. Im going for a shogun and getting shot of my shelander.

Well my use for it would be getting in to which ever forest where working at.

So im gona be carring a few toolboxes in it and hydralic parts.

What attracted me to the freelander over the defender is its much more comfy and warm at 5am in the morning. But its clearly less rugged.

We genrally use the same track as the harvester and forwarder use so ruts tend to appear and itrs gona have to cover some rough tracks.

The current freelander im looking at is only £1500 and is near 200,000 miles

The guy who owns it currently use's it for forestry and has looked after it very well.

Thanks for all the response so far :thumbup:

How deep are the ruts in the rack?! The ruts our Logset purpose built harvester leaves behind are so deep they'd swallow any 4x4... Sounds like you need a monster truck!

597653db052bc_truck20pics20018.jpg.9aeae9e8c3258a682314b715bd4b40f4.jpg

you certainly dont get heat at 5am in a defender, i dont find mine too uncomfortable, but i know plenty who do, but off road ability is genuinely unmatched, even when pretty much standard spec, and they take a load of abuse. They can tow more than other 4x4 aswell.

It sthe same old thing- what you want from your car=horses for courses. I am biased towards slightly older pick-ups, where the odd dent and a seemingly constant coating of mud (both inside and out!:sad:) are facts of life. I have killed l200s and a hi-lux, but not yet my defender. Yet the jap stuff was more comfortable/ warm etc etc.

Its always a huge debate when someone puts up a topic like this. Hope you get some sense / help from it all!

Thats my twopenn'orth!!:001_tongue::001_smile: