Day rates..

Acg128

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A handy rule of thumb of pricing day rates i use is, how long is their driveway,have they one or more new range rovers on the crunchy gravel,how many peacocks on the lawn,and the newness of the gardning department's compact tractor.

Or... How recently has the grass been cut or crap been cleared.

A handy rule of thumb of pricing day rates i use is, how long is their driveway,have they one or more new range rovers on the crunchy gravel,how many peacocks on the lawn,and the newness of the gardning department's compact tractor.

tbh I price the same whether they own a ferrrari or a fiesta, I find 90% of people with long drives and range rovers didn't get them by being foolish with their money! a jobs worth what its worth

tbh I price the same whether they own a ferrrari or a fiesta, I find 90% of people with long drives and range rovers didn't get them by being foolish with their money! a jobs worth what its worth

Spot on!!:thumbup1: I was joking earlier:001_smile:

Those with money tend to know how to hold on to it ;)

But if they live in a big house with a long drive and a rangey sport parked outside then they also know how to spend it too:thumbup1:

also people with that sort of gaff/motor tend to have more trees and so offer more work, one of my clients gives me at least 14 days a year of nicely priced work, people like that you want to look after, not squeeze em till the pips squeak!

£420 a day trying to up it to £450. I tell all my clients what i charge per day especially on the jobs which im not too sure how long they are going to take. find it fairer to me and client. Most clients want to know how long the job is going to take so its not going to be rocket science to work out my day rate. All my work is by word of mouth, no adverts at all.

I get in another local pair when needed, he charges me £300 a day, which i tell him is ridiculously too cheap, especially for someone who is as good as (or as bad) as i am.

also people with that sort of gaff/motor tend to have more trees and so offer more work, one of my clients gives me at least 14 days a year of nicely priced work, people like that you want to look after, not squeeze em till the pips squeak!

Yep totally agree, those kind of people will know when they are being taken for a ride so its better to be fair and they have the financial ability to send plenty more work your way in the future.