maggie thatcher

ging

Just watched Return Of The Jedi. Disgusted by the distasteful scenes at the end where everyone is celebrating the death of Emperor Palpatine. He may have been divisive, but he was strong and he made decisions and stuck to them, and I think he should get a bit of respect. He was, after all, a little old man who died, when you remove any other context whatsoever.

No, they were celebrating freedom from a situation similar to the fascist dictators of ww2

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still arguing then :confused1:

I think once it reaches 10,000 views it should be nuked. Everyone has had their say, nothing new has been said for a while, now it's just kind of scraping the barrel trying to find insults and then people reacting to it.

I think once it reaches 10,000 views it should be nuked. Everyone has had their say, nothing new has been said for a while, now it's just kind of scraping the barrel trying to find insults and then people reacting to it.

I'm glad I can choose my friends as some of the posts on here make me just think "plonkers" have a nice day everyone.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Just watched Return Of The Jedi. Disgusted by the distasteful scenes at the end where everyone is celebrating the death of Emperor Palpatine. He may have been divisive, but he was strong and he made decisions and stuck to them, and I think he should get a bit of respect. He was, after all, a little old man who died, when you remove any other context whatsoever.

Have you seen 'Robot Chicken' Star Wars?

The end of it follows Palpatine falling down a big 'ole, recapping his story to 'Teenage Wasteland'... Powerful stuff...

I didn't like her daughters little speech yesterday, I found it typically arrogant.

My mother said to me, " Carol..I think my place in history is assured"

And ...... Her daughter then said, " this week is going to be a tough week, even for the daughter of the Iron Lady" emphasising the last bit.

She was to me an arrogant, hard faced woman with a point to prove, that she as a woman would not back down........that is a very dangerous stance to take. Many world leaders have taken this stance before at a huge cost in human lives.

Love would be just the start. Adored and miss terribly more like. I have cried far more over MT (literally every day since her death) than I ever would princess Di. The public outpouring of grief when Diana died - that's how I feel about Margaret Thatcher. She was the last bastion. Where there is error - truth...

Jon, please, that's just ridiculous and very unBritish.

She was to me an arrogant, hard faced woman with a point to prove, that she as a woman would not back down........that is a very dangerous stance to take. Many world leaders have taken this stance before at a huge cost in human lives.

I take it you not married then Dean?

Excellent post Alex

RIP Margret Hilda Roberts, evil old bag etc etc, I thank you for the positive changes you introduced during your term as PM of the UK

JonnyVine