Medium steak please.

brewpup

Steak a la Gnome:

Take steak out of fridge for 20 mins.

Griddle pan on full. Just before it starts to smoke spray one side of steak with a couple of squirts of fry light oil.

Put steak in pan oil side down. Don't move it for 3 mins approx you will see the sides starting to cook. Turn the heat down slightly eg. from 6 to 4.

Gently lift the steak up to check the colour (how you like the outside looking)is to your liking.

Spray the uncooked side and turn over. Again don't move it around the pan. Get a beef oxo cube and sprinkle half on the cooked side and season with pepper(No Salt).

Now check the colour of the cooking side is the same as the other side. Flip and season with the remaining bit of stock cube lift out and wrap loosely in tin foil and place in the plate heater with your plate. leave for the same amount of time you cooked it for. The steak will be juicy and have a nice sauce as well. This gives plenty of time to work on the onion rings, mushrooms, chips, tomatoes etc.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steak a la Gnome:

Take steak out of fridge for 20 mins.

Griddle pan on full. Just before it starts to smoke spray one side of steak with a couple of squirts of fry light oil.

Put steak in pan oil side down. Don't move it for 3 mins approx you will see the sides starting to cook. Turn the heat down slightly eg. from 6 to 4.

Gently lift the steak up to check the colour (how you like the outside looking)is to your liking.

Spray the uncooked side and turn over. Again don't move it around the pan. Get a beef oxo cube and sprinkle half on the cooked side and season with pepper(No Salt).

Now check the colour of the cooking side is the same as the other side. Flip and season with the remaining bit of stock cube lift out and wrap loosely in tin foil and place in the plate heater with your plate. leave for the same amount of time you cooked it for. The steak will be juicy and have a nice sauce as well. This gives plenty of time to work on the onion rings, mushrooms, chips, tomatoes etc.

I will take 2 of those with fries and a side order of onion rings, hold the salad:thumbup1:

George foreman grill'everyone in our house likes there steak done diff.

It get's them all spot on every time and well worth the money if you are a regular

steak muncher like me.

George foreman has killed more steaks than any other chef known to man.

Needs to be a about 30mm thick. Red hot iron grill pan. Brushed with melted butter. First push the fatty edge into the pan to start it crisping and add heat to that edge of the meat. About 30 seconds should do it. Only then drop it onto the griddle and start cooking. 2.5mins then turn over after another 2.5 mins again repeat. This way both sides get equal heat. On a thick steak you will lose some heat on the top side. This way gets heat into the centre.

And for the lines. If you lay your steak diagonally on the griddle and turn using the line running through the centre of the steak as your axis when you turn you will get perfect criss cross.

This method was shown to me by the chef in the steak restaurant in Zion national park when i was 17. I had said i didn't know what way to have my steak. So they took me in the kitchen.

From all this info ,seems less cooking time . And thicker.steak is needed .Trouble was it was a supermarket steak. Thinking about it ,butcher steak has always had better results. Oh it was a Newmarket shop . And you know what 4 legged animals roam there,